Self employed with babies

Options
How do you all balance exercise and home life? I have a 3 month old and a two year old and I work from home. I teach baby sign language out of my home. I am always networking online, entering data, doing paperwork, setting up for classes, events etc... I tyr to keep up on the housework and the mealtimes. My 3 month old is very demanding as is my two year old. I can't seem to find time to workout. Especially in the winter when the weather sucks. Any ideas and tips? What do you do?

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Put on some kid's music and dance with them, or bundle up and go for a walk with the stroller. I don't have kids so I'm not speaking from experience but that could be kind of fun!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Find a teen seater or give them to hubby in the evening and make time for yourself. You are worth it.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is tough. I work full time as a special ed teacher so I work all day and then bring stuff home plus my kids and their activities and hubby. Whew-exhausting. Just take time for you-I always remember how good I feel when I take care of me. If I'm not able to take care of me, I'm not nearly as good at taking care of everyone else. You can do it.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am self emplyed and have a part time job (16 plus hours a week). Luckily my partner is self emplyed as well so he look after our child when I am at work or doing a work out. I work out when my child is at nursey or when he goes to bed, it means I don't usually get to go to any classes or the gym and often go a week or more where I cannot swim (not that I like the gym). I am usually woking out well after 10pm or at the pool by 8.30am or earlier at the weekend. This week I am working at my part time job 6 days over 40 hours inclduing night shifts so I can barely do anything this week..

It gets easier as the child gets older, my kid is 2 now. I didn't even think about working out a lot till recently. You would benifit from stuff you can do at home like a wii fit and some dvds. I would be lost without my wii. x
  • heatherisom
    heatherisom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and either I get up before she does in the morning or I work out at nap time. I only have 1, so I imagine 2 kids is challenging. My girl does love the walks though!