I'm a Newbie!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new here as of today. I joined because I am needing to loose about 100 lbs. I have previously had the gastric by-pass surgery about 4 yrs ago. I never hit my target weight, but lost about 130 lbs. I have since gained about 30 of those back. I went through a nasty divorce but have since then found a wonderful man, remarried, and have 4 wonderful stepkids. I am a diabetic with no complications so far. I want to have a child with my new husband but want to be healthy to do that.

I can feel the weight that I have put back on pulling me down. I can just "feel" it when walking, etc. I am a preschool teacher of special needs children and I can tell when I get in the floor with them now days that I have put the weight on! I am wanting to get the weight back off and hopefully get to my target weight. I think I will feel so much better and have more energy to keep up with these kiddos here at work!

I am one of those people that needs a lot of support and encouragement. While my husband is great, he is a truck driver and not home each night to give me that day to day encouragement I need! Exercise is my biggest demon! I have every intention of doing it every day, but I always find a reason to put it off. If anyone out there is in the same boat and can offer suggestions on how to get and stay motivated, please pass it along!

Thanks in advance for listening and supporting me in this journey!

Replies

• Malumyangel
    Options
    Welcome I'm new too, and we have a lot in common let's support eachother!
  • msranney
    Options
    Glad you here! I am kinda new, been on and off the wagon for the last few month, but now back on the wagon for good :) I have more than 100 lbs to lose and am borderline for getting diabetes, So now is the time I am for real!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome....you can add me if you would like and we can encourage each other :flowerforyou:
  • shadowdeb
    shadowdeb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome..I'm a yo yo dieter but this time I'm on a mission.
  • angienicholls123
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I'm a newbie too, I joined on Sunday. I love this fab site and am addicted to recording
    everything! Good luck, I will be routing for you :happy:
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! Good luck:smile: you can add me as well.
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site as well, I am also a diabetic and know it is time to get healthy!! Good luck to you!!! Let me know if I can help you out at all!!!