Healthy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Options
tiggerbounce411
tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
I will DEFINATELY be trying this..decided to share with everyone.

61% less sat fat • 50% less fat • 25% more calcium than the original recipe—see the comparison. Wrap yourself in luscious flavor. Reduced-fat ingredients helped cut the fat in half, while adding corn and green chiles boosted the Tex-Mex flavor. From eatbetteramerica.
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
makes:8 enchiladas

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 cups Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander or cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 cup Green Giant® Niblets® frozen corn, thawed
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 corn or flour tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
Salsa, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.

2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. In medium bowl, stir broth, flour, coriander and pepper with wire whisk until blended. Slowly add to hot mixture in skillet, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream until well blended.

3. In another medium bowl, mix chicken, corn, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the chiles, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the sauce. Place 2 tortillas at a time on microwavable plate; cover with paper towel. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds or until softened. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining sauce. Cover with foil.

4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Just before serving, top with tomato and green onions. Serve with salsa.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 40 to 50 minutes.

Nutritional Information

1 Enchilada: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 17g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 20%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Replies

• catundra75
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I'm always looking for great new (healthy) recipes. Thank you for posting.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Although this does look tasty. I make a very similiar enchilada recipe without the broth/flour/sour cream. Which is a huge chunk of your calories/sodium etc.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • somerreese
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    sounds so good...thanks for posting :)
  • SarahMarie1983
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just printed the recipe and can't wait to make them. :o)
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This looks like something good to try! Thank you!
  • ahs85
    ahs85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sounds great!! thanks for sharing!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds absolutely amazing! I usually tend to lean towards quicker, easier meals during the week but this one would be good for the weekend. Do they refrigerate and reheat very well?
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennilvmp
    Options
    bump
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds absolutely amazing! I usually tend to lean towards quicker, easier meals during the week but this one would be good for the weekend. Do they refrigerate and reheat very well?
    Not sure since I haven't made them yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't do well with both. I found it by accident on a site called eatbetteramerica.com. Either way, since I won't be able to make this till this next week after a trip to the store, can someone post the results after they make it please? Thank you!! I thought it sounded PHENOMENAL so decided to post and there are other healthier ways I am sure to make the cream..But either way, you can't beat the non-existant calories in this.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    SAVE
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yummy!