Options
Hi I’m new here! Anyone have any tips for me?

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,201 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

The best few tips I can think of for starting out are:
    • Plan to go slow. If you are trying to lose weight, remember you didn't gain it in a month or a year; take the slow route to help assure success. Then it will be easier to maintain when you reach goal.
    • Don't plan any strategies you aren't willing to continue indefinitely. Only do things that are sustainable in the long run.
    • Plan on having a reasonable calorie deficit, on average, each week. Best if you can manage a small deficit each day, but if you miss a day, don't fret. Just keep going forward. Stick to it.
    • Yeah, that's it's own point: STICK TO IT!
    • Set reasonable but challenging goals. Set long-term and short term goals. What are some specific goals you have set for yourself?
    • Check in often. Don't stress if the scale is up for the day. Look over the long term trend; weight loss is not linear. You'll have up and down days. Over time, if you maintain a deficit, you'll trend down.
    • Exercise is very healthy for fitness. It can contribute to a calorie deficit and aid in weight management. You still must manage your food intake to assure a calorie deficit. Logging your food and your activity in MFP will help you get an idea how to slowly adjust your target for success.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new here! Anyone have any tips for me?
    Don’t quit.

When you have a rough patch, it’s ok to slow down and shift your focus. Ask questions here, etc.

But don’t quit.