Lunch ideas

Options
So now that I've really tried dieting I realize it's a lot harder than it looks. I am such a picky eater that during lunch I usually walk to my grocery store (I work right next to one) and pick up something frozen and I never get full and I use way to many calories for my day. I have braces on my teeth so it's hard to eat anything hard, like carrots, or nuts or bite into a piece of fruit. If you guys can give me some recipe ideas that I can take to work that would be awesome, and I do have a fridge and a microwave so I can keep things cool and heat them up if need be.

I really have no idea when it comes to eating healthy...I'm kind of lazy and just go through the drive through and I need to stop doing that, so please help!

Replies

• malilamala
    Options
    I pack my lunch the night before. I bring sandwiches, soup, pastas, and cheese & crackers usually. For sandwiches I toast the whole wheat bread and pile on the meat for protein. There are tons of low sodium soups available at the store that happen to be fairly low fat too. I split the can of soup into 2 ziplock containers and just grab one in the morning. Whole wheat crackers are the best complement. Pastas can be made and reheated easily.

The best thing you can do is to make your stuff the night before and portion it out into containers in your fridge. The more veggies you incorporate, the better. You'll feel more full too!
  • FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads, because I love salad - I could eat salad everyday and never get bored. I usually keep it simple: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives, and then add protein to get me full: hard boiled egg, low-fat cheese, sometimes avocado or chicken, and a yogurt-based ranch dressing. I pack the dry stuff in one bowl and the wet stuff in a smaller tupperware so the salad stays fresher. It's about 300 calories, and keeps me for 4 to 5 hours. If I need an afternoon snack, I usually have a banana or greek yogurt.

Some days I have leftovers from the night before - leftover chili makes a great lunch, just need to portion it out properly.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal pita and hummus....amazing! And very good source of folate, protein, iron and vitamins.
    Or carrot sticks and hummus! Yum!