A trustworthy source for supplements?

Options
I've been regularly taking different supplements, like vitamin D in the winter months, omega-3, and vitamin C, but I'm thinking of expanding it to some other ones.

The problem is, I'm having a bit of an issue with trusting marketplaces that sell supplements, as I know the industry is not heavily regulated, so there's a wide selection of products that don't meet the standards in terms of dosage, bioavailability, absorption, ingredient quality, ethical manufacturing practices, and similar. I tend to trust scientifically backed claims, but getting easy-to-understand and non-conflicting scientific information can sometimes be hard.

I've recently stumbled upon this website that seems to be independently screening and scoring the supplements they sell, based on scientific evidence and ingredient quality.

Do you think it's something worth subscribing to? Do you know of any other similar alternatives? How do you usually approach researching these topics?

Answers

• wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Looks like just trying to sell you bunch of supplements. I listen to several trusted MD/PhD health based podcasts and have gotten information that way. Example, Peter Attia has given names of some supplement companies he buys from. For certain basic supplements just a brand name from pharmacy meeting USP standards is just fine in my opinion.