Stopping by to say hi!

Options
I was posting for a while some time back. Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. And to thank everyone for your support.

I have been maintaining since last summer. I’m also still doing weight lifting. My progress is very slow but I’m doing okay for an almost 50 year old woman who has never been athletic. I’m happy just to maintain the muscle I have built, and anything more is gravy.

Weird thing that has been happening since last summer - people keep telling me how young I look. At first I just shrugged it off as people being nice. But at some point it started being hard to ignore, such as a medical professional looking at my chart during a routine checkup and being shocked at my age.

I’m not a vain person so I feel uncomfortable noting this, but really the bottom line is health. “Young” is how we perceive vibrancy and good health. I still have gray hair lol.

Anyway, that’s my update. I’ve peeked into a few threads and am pleased to see some folks I remember still around, so, hi!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see you back, @herringboxes! It's especially wonderful to hear that fitness and weight maintenance are going well for you: Congratulations.

I do feel like part of how people evaluate our age is our "vitality": Vivacity of manner, fluidity and ease of movement, that sort of thing.

Keep up the goodness!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited March 30
    Options
    I remember you :smiley: I never thought about your screenname before, but now I live near a herring run and am wondering about the origin of your name.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work :smiley:
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ann! I hope the rowing is still going well!

Hey Kshama! It’s a very meaningless name, but a lyric from Oh My Darling Clementine (her shoes were “herring boxes without topses”) which my kid was learning to play on the piano at the time lol.

Well, I do like clementines, the fruit!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I remember you. Congrats on your progress! I love reading positive updates. Thanks for popping in to share.. and keep up the great work and consistency. It’s obviously paying off big time 👏👏👏
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    Well if you feel strong you behave younger 🤔🤣

Glad to hear that maintenance is going ok
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks, HLM and PAV!

Now just looking forward to the nice weather!