3 days a week workouts

Options
Anyone got any suggestions on 3 days a week workouts?
I can normally get 2 gym sessions in a week plus got some dumbbells and a pull up bar at home.
Any suggestions much appreciated ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    If you're a beginner, Starting Strength probably. Though I'm not sure how well that would work with 2x per week at the gym.

If you aren't, then full body on the two gym sessions with a focus on compounds and legs. On your home workout, add additional shoulders/arms, and you can do added volume for other areas with Bulgarian split squat, pullups, and db fly's or deficit pushups. i.e. whatever is needed to get your weekly volume up to desired levels, and/or additional focus on a specific part. If your db's are heavy enough, that would open up more options such as db lunges, goblet squat, db RDL's, one arm bent over rows or chest supported rows, db chest press, etc., but if it were me, I'd focus on those areas in the gym.
  • Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you're a beginner, Starting Strength probably. Though I'm not sure how well that would work with 2x per week at the gym.

If you aren't, then full body on the two gym sessions with a focus on compounds and legs. On your home workout, add additional shoulders/arms, and you can do added volume for other areas with Bulgarian split squat, pullups, and db fly's or deficit pushups. i.e. whatever is needed to get your weekly volume up to desired levels, and/or additional focus on a specific part. If your db's are heavy enough, that would open up more options such as db lunges, goblet squat, db RDL's, one arm bent over rows or chest supported rows, db chest press, etc., but if it were me, I'd focus on those areas in the gym.

Thanks mate ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    ^^ This.