this is a good tip when craving junk food..

Options
when i feel like having a cookie... or icecream sunday....i just think to myself..... am i only eating this cookie for the taste and satisfaction? because once you have swallowed the cookie you think boy that was good. but now the good taste is over and u are just left with a feeling of guilt and anger. REMEMBER THE TASTE ONLY LASTS FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AND THATS IT. AND THE TASTE IS THE MAIN REASON TO EAT A SOFT HOT COOKIE!! DONT DO ITTTTT

Replies

• lswiddy
    lswiddy Posts: 9
    Options
    when i feel like having a cookie... or icecream sunday....i just think to myself..... am i only eating this cookie for the taste and satisfaction? because once you have swallowed the cookie you think boy that was good. but now the good taste is over and u are just left with a feeling of guilt and anger. REMEMBER THE TASTE ONLY LASTS FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AND THATS IT. AND THE TASTE IS THE MAIN REASON TO EAT A SOFT HOT COOKIE!! DONT DO ITTTTT
  • mamaslosing
    Options
    :tongue: NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS! :tongue:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    That's why I like gum and strawberries - you can eat a mess of them for very little calories and they still stay sweet.

A friend of mine will ask himself, am I hungry? Or do I really want this? And then he will say the answer aloud in a sentence: "I'm eating this even though I'm not hungry" It cuts down on how much he eats.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    :tongue: NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS! :tongue:

I am really starting to appreciate this phrase lately! I've come so far... even though I've been craving a giant lump of fatty extra crispy fried chicken for THREE DAYS... I keep telling myself this exact phrase and I make a better choice.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I indulge a little. That way it doesn't turn into a binge. If I want a cookie, I used to try to eat a pear or a banana and then it wouldn't satisfy me, so I'd pick something else heathy to try and I end up eating more calories then the cookie would have taken up. This way I get my treat and can fit it in within my calorie alotment.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's why I like gum and strawberries - you can eat a mess of them for very little calories and they still stay sweet.

A friend of mine will ask himself, am I hungry? Or do I really want this? And then he will say the answer aloud in a sentence: "I'm eating this even though I'm not hungry" It cuts down on how much he eats.

oh I definitely have to try this technique!!! What the heck---it's FREE!!! I just ate a Klondike just because I saw my son eat one--so --there Iwas on the treadmill doing a 500 cal workout so I could eat JUNK----:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

:laugh: I wish I could put that much thought behind a cookie, but it's in my pie hole way too fast to even consider!!:laugh:
  • vhaymakerv
    Options
    I agree.. but what really blows it when you come home at night to a batch a freshly baked chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter..(like I did ) lol .. I just dart past them and run upstairs haha and chug some water :sad: hahaha
  • vhaymakerv
    Options
    I agree.. but what really blows it when you come home at night to a batch a freshly baked chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter..(like I did ) lol .. I just dart past them and run upstairs haha and chug some water :sad: hahaha
  • tttrrr
    tttrrr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I indulge a little. That way it doesn't turn into a binge. If I want a cookie, I used to try to eat a pear or a banana and then it wouldn't satisfy me, so I'd pick something else heathy to try and I end up eating more calories then the cookie would have taken up. This way I get my treat and can fit it in within my calorie alotment.
    I just joined this forum, I totally agree with this statement. I was always trying to eat around my craving and ended up eating alot more then I would have if I just chose to have just a bite or two of the craving. It's easier to indulge a little just stay within your daily aloted calories, most times focus on the healthy.