Health concerns.

Options
I been running & walking in a treadmill for a while and lately I noticed that I been getting a runny nose. Does anyone experience something similar?

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    A quick google suggests exercise-induced rhinitis. As always, I am not a doctor. Consult your doctor if this symptom is concerning you.

That said, it does seem to be a thing that happens sometimes. Pollen? Dust? Some other irritant? All potential suspects.

Are you exercising in a gym? Or at home where you have more control over your environment?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I have rhinitis--exercise induced, cold induced, or allergy induced-- my nose runs any time I exert myself. I just make sure I always have a handkerchief handy and deal with the drips as they happen.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a lawn sprinkler with even moderate intensity exercise, even though I've been very active for over 20 years (i.e., I'm not sweating because profoundly unfit, it's just how I am). I also get some nasal drip. I figured that if I was leaking fluid on the outside, it shouldn't be a big surprise that there are also some leaks on the inside and probably that's what makes my nose run. YMMV.