Bad Mistake

Options
Hi Everybody......I just joined MFP. I've been dieting for two weeks now and have been somewhat successful. However, I was feeling really weak and suffering from headaches everyday. A friend of mine told me about MFP. I'm so glad she did. Little did I know that I was depriving myself of almost half the calories I should be taking in on a daily basis. That explains the feeling weak and the headaches. I was almost ready to give up on the dieting because of how bad I was feeling but now that I know I can track my every meal and my every calorie.....I'm definitely staying on and dropping these stubborn pounds.

Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard.

you should definitely eat enough calories. however, headaches may also be the result of not being hydrated....so make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!! this site is pretty amazing if you stick to it!!

10051852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were starving your poor self...Nice thing with MFP is that it will tell you if you are starving yourself...Welcome and good luck on your journey..!!.... :flowerforyou:
  • tpozos
    Options
    Thanks for the motivating words of encouragement. I feel that this was definitely a good move. I'm definitely sharing this site with my friends as well.
  • papa5280
    Options
    One recommendation...you use the word "dieting" twice in your post. My suggestion is, don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as changing your habits for a lifetime of health. Diets have start and end dates and involve short-term sacrifice to meet a short-term goal. Life changes are forever and involve making better choices every day (not perfect, just better).
  • ellyallen
    Options
    I, too, was glad to find this site. This is my third day and I can see how helpful it is. It seems that tracking my calorie intake makes me pay more attention to what I'm eating, but I am often surprised that it is more than I thought I would be able to eat on a diet. I hope that your headaches are gone while following this plan.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! Welcome!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I am glad you found MFP. I hope you'll like it as much as I do. Thanks to MFP tracking what I eat and the calories has really helped me pay attention to what and how I eat. And I love that I am learning to find flavorful and nutritious things that really fill me up for a small amount of calories. Good luck and no more headaches!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Good luck!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting, and start Fueling your Body.

It will be easier to stick with it that way, and easier to turn it into a lifestyle change!
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody......I just joined MFP. I've been dieting for two weeks now and have been somewhat successful. However, I was feeling really weak and suffering from headaches everyday. A friend of mine told me about MFP. I'm so glad she did. Little did I know that I was depriving myself of almost half the calories I should be taking in on a daily basis. That explains the feeling weak and the headaches. I was almost ready to give up on the dieting because of how bad I was feeling but now that I know I can track my every meal and my every calorie.....I'm definitely staying on and dropping these stubborn pounds.

I'm so glad, you found us, this is exactly what happened to me, several years ago. Yes I lost weight but was at the verge of blackouts. :( then I gained all of my loss back, I wish I would have found MFP sooner, it's a great tool, and has people who can give you great advice. Welcome!
  • Mogdragon
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you really needed to find MFP :) Good luck on your journey!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Glad your staying..this is a great place!