Have you ever had a heart attack?

Options
Have you ever suffered a “cardiac event” that resulted in a stent, bypass or other similar procedure?

Have you ever had a heart attack? 11 votes

Yes
0% 0 votes
No
100% 11 votes

Replies

• mike072563
    mike072563 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I experienced a heart attack when I was 60 years old that resulted in two stents placed in my arteries.
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You might get more responses on one of the more general forums like “Introduce Yourself” or “Health and Weightloss.” This particular section is more focused on exercise specifically. Unless you’re interested in talking about what other cardiac patients are doing for exercise? My uncle went through his hospital’s cardiac rehab program after he got his stent. They had him start very slowly of course, but at 55 years old he caught the running (slowly) bug and now does 5ks with his kids and grandkids.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    I don't know what to vote on this. I had a PFO closure. However, I'm a scuba diver and I had the operation to carry on diving as opposed to a cardiac event (although, arguably, my diving bend was cardiac. But it's not normally classed as such.)
  • GettingCut70
    GettingCut70 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not a heart attack, but close to one. I had severe chest pains one night, went to the DR and they said I had atrial fibrilliation. I ended up getting to Cardio Version procedures and an Ablation procedure.