OK So I Binged

Options
2»

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    kshama, you hit the nail on the head. I feel SO much better at 1800 and with my new macro mix that bumps up protein and fat somewhat, lowers carbs a bit. I have enough energy to train and don't find myself ravenously hungry!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,905 Member
    Options
    z76cnroommpb.png
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Is this a pattern for you? Did bingeing regularly make you obese or significantly over weight? If so, then maybe there’s something to think about here. If not… then you had a day where tracking didn’t quite work out, and now you are back at it staying in a deficit. To me those are two totally different scenarios. If once or twice a month I say “screw it” and eat a little debbie and some chips and wine all at once…. I may not actually need to change a thing. I may just need to go back to my original plan the next day. If it’s a historical pattern, then yeah maybe something is not working
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    This is why i clear anything like that out of my house when i'm on a health plan. A jar of peanut butter is a trap. ha. Seriously .. set yourself up for success. If that stuff wasn't in your cupboard .. you wouldn't have been able to binge.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    lisakatz2 wrote: »
    I'm set for light activity and add my exercise. I'm doing brisk walking outside for cardio. I haven't started with weight training (yet - that comes Monday). I changed my goal to 1800 calories. I've only been a MFP member for a little over a week and have been undereating by some 500 calories below that, my tracking shows. No wonder I binged. It's way too early to discern how fast I've been losing. I lost 3 pounds the first week but I'm certain that most of that is water from reduced carb intake/food volume. My hope is to lose a pound a week.

You mentioned earlier other than the purposeful exercise, you're sedentary. You would want to set you activity as sedentary and add the exercise for MFP I believe.
  • lisakatz2
    Options
    This is why i clear anything like that out of my house when i'm on a health plan. A jar of peanut butter is a trap. ha. Seriously .. set yourself up for success. If that stuff wasn't in your cupboard .. you wouldn't have been able to binge.

Unfortunately I'm married to a 6 foot one inch guy who weighs 125 lbs and has the metabolism of a hummingbird! I can't deny him stuff he enjoys eating. Also, I don't believe in "trigger foods". If I hadn't been undereating I wouldn't have been scarfing PB out of the jar. It's really been hard to crack the undereating thing, because I've been a chronic dieter all my life. But I've been a binge eater all my life too and I want to stop that bad habit. I simply need to eat enough. When I add healthy fat to my diet I don't crave potato chips either.
  • lisakatz2
    Options
    I had 1/2 an avocado and a green salad with 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing. For dinner I had broiled wild salmon. No cravings for carbs/sweets tonight. Success!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I'm married to a 6 foot one inch guy who weighs 125 lbs and has the metabolism of a hummingbird! I can't deny him stuff he enjoys eating. Also, I don't believe in "trigger foods". If I hadn't been undereating I wouldn't have been scarfing PB out of the jar. It's really been hard to crack the undereating thing, because I've been a chronic dieter all my life. But I've been a binge eater all my life too and I want to stop that bad habit. I simply need to eat enough. When I add healthy fat to my diet I don't crave potato chips either.

Exactly! You've got this. You understand the most important thing, which is that it's over-restriction that causes binging.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,905 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 an avocado and a green salad with 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing. For dinner I had broiled wild salmon. No cravings for carbs/sweets tonight. Success!

When you're done for the day, please let us know the total calories and what the macros came to.
  • lisakatz2
    Options
    It was my best day of eating ever. I was actually 296 calories below by goal yet didn't feel hungry in the least and I had no desire to binge or had cravings. My macros were 114 grams of carbs, 60 grams of fat, and 126 grams of protein. I don't do well at all with Keto or extreme carb restriction. I really can't go below 100 grams of carbs without feeling weak, headache-y, and foggy.
  • lisakatz2
    Options
    Oh, I want to add, the total calories were 1504.