Help!

Options
I have been doing so so well with my weight, and watching what I eat. But today I went severely down hill and couldn't stop eating horrible stuff! Did I just ruin all of my progress? Will I instantly gain back a few pounds and did I stomp on all of my progress? HELP!

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so so well with my weight, and watching what I eat. But today I went severely down hill and couldn't stop eating horrible stuff! Did I just ruin all of my progress? Will I instantly gain back a few pounds and did I stomp on all of my progress? HELP!
    Might be a few water weight pounds, maybe not.
    One day doesn't ruin anything. Tomorrow is a good day again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is let today's mistakes go and start again tomorrow-- you might lose a little progress but one day is just one day. Hang in there and have a better tomorrow :)
  • eiferjenn
    Options
    Just stick to it! Some days will be good days, and some all the food will be just SOOOO yummy! dont give up, if you fall of the wagon, get up tomorrow and believe you will do better! If you get too discouraged, then you might give up..so make sure you allow yourself to splurge every once in awhile. Also remember, at times our weight can vary 5 lbs anyhow at any given point...so if you really wanna see results make sure you do your measurements, they dont lie! lol. good luck!!!!
  • acraft83
    acraft83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually take Saturday every week to eat ANYTHING I want. This helps curb cravings, which helps me stay on track. It may take 1-2 days to lose whatever one or two pounds you gained today, but one day doesn't undo any progress. I used to do weigh watchers and their motto is "no guilt, tomorrow is a new day". Good luck!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    3500 cal= lb of fat. How much did you eat? if you ate crap, you'll likely notice some water retention. Pay it no mind and do the best you can in any given day.
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One day won't ruin anything, but doing that on a regular basis will. You've gotten it out of your system, and tomorrow go back to eating healthy. I know lots of people say free days or treating yourself is bad, but when I was in shape and eating healthy all the time, I gave myself a free night to eat whatever I want, and I usually used it when I went out to dinner with friends. If I didn't give myself a free night once a week, I discovered that I would binge....just eat crap all day....fast food, chips, candy, whatever I wanted. My free night kept me from going off the deep end food-wise once in a while, and after a while, even my free nights were healthier because I noticed that eating junk made me feel icky, and my body didn't want it anymore. You just have to find what works for you in order to keep this from happening again. :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    As you have your diary locked, I will be as with everyone else...if it's just for one or two days...no harm no foul. Get on the Horse and RIDE. Leave the Cart behind because it's just dead weight.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. And one day like that does not destroy weeks of work.

Tomorrow is a new day and you start fresh!