Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Allow me to add recent ingredients to recipes

Options
TLDR at the end.

The MFP database has a lot of duplicates (for mostly understandable reasons that are beyond the scope of this suggestion). Given that, when I'm logging a new food I try to find the DB entry that is accurate to what I'm holding in my hand. If I can't find one, I'll correct an existing entry or create a new one.

Doing this for every food at every meal would be annoying, but I (and most people) tend to buy and eat many of the same things every week, so doing it once allows me to find and add my corrected/new entry very quickly and easily for ensuing meals.

Your saved meals and recipe features are so similar but lacking one another's options that would make each one good:

I can't edit a meal after it's saved or set its # of servings. And your recipes are just inconvenient to create because I have to search the database from scratch and get multiple entries for each ingredient instead of simply selecting from ingredients/foods I recently used/added that I know are correct.

TLDR
Give me the same interface/options to add ingredients to recipes as when I'm adding food to a meal – Recent, Frequent, My Foods. Even better, allow me to save a meal's foods/ingredients as a recipe that I could edit later.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    I really appreciate your insight and feedback regarding the Recipe creation process. I can see how your suggestions would enhance that process. Know that I just passed this along to the appropriate team to consider for a future update!

As far as editing Meals, this is a current possibility! You can read more about that here.