awesome read on effective training (especially for aesthetic

Options
http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/****arounditis.html

edit: need to replace the stars with the regular word for "fark", it is also the term used for sexual intercourse.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    got a lot of great points in there :) thanks
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Thats a great article :D
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    bumping from the abyss already :tongue:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Always enjoy the links you post Chris!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Rachmaree: I KNOW you don't have farkarounditis! :happy:
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed this article.

I think I have it, but only because I'm not there with my fitness level yet. I can't do one pull up, though I work towards it. Is that an excuse?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    as long as you are progressing then it's all good. It's mainly about the goals though. If your goal is to be lean/athletic then doing the bosu ball curls is not the way to get there. If you are using something like an assisted pullup machine and trying to progress with reps each week or lowering the resistance then you are well on the way :smile:

When I first started doing any exercise seriously (4 years ago), I was 95kg and couldn't do a pullup if my life depended on it. Can now do 11 muscle ups. (http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/53) All about making consistent progress. I'm not finished there though. The world record is 28 apparently and I'm keen to see how close I can get to that eventually.

Patience + Persistence = Progress
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Chris. :)

I do the assisted machine alternated with just negative pull ups. When I started trying the negatives the first time, I slid right back down, lol.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I know how that feels :smile: You'll get there if you stick with it.