I feel terrible... (first post)

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad, we all have those days! (If I was better at controlling myself i wouldn't be on MFP in the first place ;) Go to the gym when you can, studying is important, go tonight if you can, if not try jumping rope or something at home for a bit, every little bit helps. and if you have gained some weight thats ok. you'll get back on track and you'll work that much harder to get it off. i would suggest honestly logging all the bad food tho so you can see just how bad it is. I know the first binge I logged really opened my eyes! and when you see that scary spike in your reports its an extra little motivator.

good luck and keep trying!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Calm down. :smile:

I promise one day won't ruin your progress. It might delay it a little, but it won't ruin it as long as you get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is always a new day.

Also, I have a rule that on birthdays, holidays, special events, that I will 1. Enjoy myself, 2. Eat what I want, but not go totally nuts, 3. Log it honestly, truthfully, and fully in MFP, and 4. Exercise.

It's a birthday... cake is like MANDATORY. It's not a birthday without it.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't let that one pound bug you. It is not that much that you have to worry about. The one pound is an easy pound for you to lose. It is okay to have an occasional treat for someone's birthday just remember next time just have the 1 slice of cake. You can work it off the following day. Don't stress the 1 pound. :smile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Just use this as a tool to prevent over indulgence next time. A slice of cake or a scoop of ice cream, even a small bar of chocolate is not going to break the good week. Just use this miserable feeling to look back on and know you don't want to feel this way again. It will help with the portion sizes. But do celebrate and study and live your life. T:wink: his takes time as I well know having gone down then up..working on down again. There is always a "do over" starting with the next bite.
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Magic. There are many of us out there. I have learned that I cannot handle any amount of cake, cookies, pasta, or italian bread. There is something about those foods that sets me up a binge. Some people can have "a taste" or "one piece" but that's not me. I am a compulsive overeater. Don't beat yourself up; what's done is done. Learn about your triggers and avoid them in the future. As far as weigh-in, exercise, etc. Set a weigh in appointment for once-a-week, not every day. Definitely exercise, but don't overdo it. Just relax, start good healthy habits...starting...now.:flowerforyou:
  • cmcbell
    Options
    God Bless you and dont feel so bad remember the journey is long but the first step is the greatest of them all
  • cheri868
    Options
    Your post made me feel better as I had a VERY rough day today. Have gone over my calorie goal today by 667 calories and counting. Have only exercised once for the week so far and I have been beating myself up all day about it. Let's forgive ourselves right now, shake it off and start fresh tomorrow. We will have rough days every so often, we can't expect to be perfect every day for the rest of our lives.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention we are human? Live and learn We are not perfect and never will be just go day by day and I would study tomorrows a new day
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    At least you have the wear with all to recognize that you made a mistake. Just keep going, forgive and forget. Looks like you are doing well other than the cake day so SMILE and Move on!
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    WOW! You all are so amazing!!! You all have no idea the big smile I have on my face right now! I never posted a topic before and I was kind of nervous to post it, but I'm so glad I did. You all rock and I don't know what I would do without MFP! Everyone has such great advice and I loved reading all the replies!!!! I decided that school is more important and, although I don't like it, I will put off exercise until tomorrow! I can do this, it's not the end of the world. :)
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So, you fell off the wagon and used a cake to break your fall. Everyone falls sometimes, but you just have to get back up again! It sounds like you might be stressed. Put the scale away for a few days and focus on getting back in your workout regimen and back on track with your food. Study for your test, get it over with, and do something relaxing (not food-related). Be kind to yourself and move on :)
  • glkandoit
    Options
    Yes, don't dwell on it now, what's done is done, just try and move on and make today a new day with a new start. You can't change that now but you can change what eating choices you make today. I too have had a bad month actually with binges and not enough exersise, but today I have decided to get back on track. Good luck.
  • rugbyfella
    rugbyfella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There are seven days in a week, we all have a bad day once in a while its the other six that matter. Just smile to yourself and forget it happened.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself