Gonna get it right this time

Options
pricer15
pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
Hi I'm Cheryl in Colorado,

I just turned 49 and was struck by the way my body seems to be falling apart. Knee problems bad enough to deter vigorous exercise, teeth problems, dry eye problems, etc. I've been in Weight Watchers for x years now and I'm still messing around with being honest about what I eat. I lost 50 pounds in the first 6 months, then have gained back almost all of it. Struggling all the way.

So here I am, not sure I can track my food online everyday, trying to find the 'thing' that will keep me kicked into gear. Is it that I don't set goals, aren't organized with my time, don't schedule exercise, eat and don't track, eat emotionally, stay up too late everynight, or is it that I'm incredibly busy with my two small kids and homeschooling them?

If anyone wants to point me to existing forums/blogs that might be helpful, I'd appreciate it. I read Viviakay's blog and really connected to some of the things she wrote about organizing time/setting goals. Don't know if I'll even get time to make a blog but I appreciate that she did.

Good to meetcha'

just added my headshot from when I started my weight loss. I hate this photo because it shows just how big I was at 276. Right now I'm almost that much at 263. Never again!

Replies

• pricer15
    Options
    Hi I'm Cheryl in Colorado,

I just turned 49 and was struck by the way my body seems to be falling apart. Knee problems bad enough to deter vigorous exercise, teeth problems, dry eye problems, etc. I've been in Weight Watchers for x years now and I'm still messing around with being honest about what I eat. I lost 50 pounds in the first 6 months, then have gained back almost all of it. Struggling all the way.

So here I am, not sure I can track my food online everyday, trying to find the 'thing' that will keep me kicked into gear. Is it that I don't set goals, aren't organized with my time, don't schedule exercise, eat and don't track, eat emotionally, stay up too late everynight, or is it that I'm incredibly busy with my two small kids and homeschooling them?

If anyone wants to point me to existing forums/blogs that might be helpful, I'd appreciate it. I read Viviakay's blog and really connected to some of the things she wrote about organizing time/setting goals. Don't know if I'll even get time to make a blog but I appreciate that she did.

Good to meetcha'

just added my headshot from when I started my weight loss. I hate this photo because it shows just how big I was at 276. Right now I'm almost that much at 263. Never again!
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cheryl,

Sounds like you have some work to do, but you're off to a good start by joining fitness pal. I didn't think that I could track either but now I look forward to it. The database pretty much does the tracking for you, so there's no calculating that you have to do.

BTW, I'm 42 and nothing is falling a part. Get busy and start taking care of yourself.

Best,

CB

123620.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl. Tracking food is very easy here. after a while you will have your favorite items right there for you to click on and your calories are updated right away.
    It seems like you do know what you have to work on. This site will give you the tools to acheive your goals. The support here is fabulous.
    Under the General weight Loss section there is some great links which are taged.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I agree you are on your way to changing your lifestyle for the better.

What I would do is take one day a week where I plan out my menu. It was hard in the begining but now it's second nature. I have three teenagers who sometimes help pick things out.

As for logging in food and exercise, I work nights and thats when I input all my information. Sometmies it works and sometimes it doesn't but I keep moving along.

By the way, I'm 41 and everything just fell :laugh: :laugh:. Trying to put things back where they belong and get rid of the extra stuff that doesn't. :sad: :sad: :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
  • pricer15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your positive encouragement. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks (I've been sick) :sick: and I lost over 5 pounds! Yea! :happy: