Anterior Pelvic Tilt - anyone else?

Options
After seeing several pelvic floor therapists and a chiropractor, both told me I have a pretty good anterior pelvic tilt postpartum and I was told to work on glute max/medius exercises at least 3 times a week.

The thing is, most lower body exercises do NOT feel good - like I feel it mostly in my lower back, which is pretty common when having an APT. The only lower body moves that feel okay for me would be the leg press, hip thrust, and kickbacks. But is that enough for glute development?
I am following Booty By Bret and so he has a lot of squats, lunges, RDLS, etc. added in there and it’s super discouraging because most of the exercises just aren’t comfortable so I’m not sure what to do/how to sub them out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Jknip9484
    Jknip9484 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Postpartum Anterior Pelvic Tilt can be a result of weakened pelvic floor musculature and abdominal/core musculature. Just a suggestion but try focusing on those muscles to get started.
    Good luck
  • jammi3
    jammi3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have same issues and now also upper back. I would suggest you try beginners classes for pilates or yoga. Both strengthen your glutes and core.
  • KLELifts
    KLELifts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Postpartum Anterior Pelvic Tilt can be a result of weakened pelvic floor musculature and abdominal/core musculature. Just a suggestion but try focusing on those muscles to get started.
    Good luck

I’ve been working on core strength for over a year and it has greatly improved but still so baffling that so many exercises are uncomfortable.
  • Jknip9484
    Jknip9484 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would ask how well in neutral is your pelvis when doing core exercises, even tho you’ve been working on core for soo long. In order to accomplish the posterior pelvic tilt your after, remember it’s a combination of pelvic floor muscles, abdominal/core muscles and glutes/hamstrings. These all need to be flexible enough to then get into proper position and then need strengthening within the proper position. It all needs to work together to achieve it successfully. You haven’t said where your pain is ? You might want to consider starting with stretching and isometric contraction holds before trying to move in the range of motion. And I agree with jammi3 Pilates and yoga for beginners because they focus soo much on position during the class.