Dinner Ideas

Options
Help!!! I need dinner ideas...What can I cook with a roast the has Cream of Onion on top? Something easy that will not take a lot of time or skill to make.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Help!!! I need dinner ideas...What can I cook with a roast the has Cream of Onion on top? Something easy that will not take a lot of time or skill to make.
    Any frozen veggie in the house? Brown rice on the side with a nice salad? A baked potato (healthy sized of course:wink::tongue: ), hm...just tossing out some ideas.

The roast sounds delicious, enjoy the meal Hon:flowerforyou:j

ETA: ahhhhh now I'm wondering if you mean too cook along with the roast? If so carrots, peas, red potatoes? Good thing I finished dinner because yours is sounding mighty good!:bigsmile:

I think it's time for me to cook up a roast one day soon....I get a craving for that every so often. I'm not familiar with Cream of Onion soup though... sounds like it would go well together.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I stock up on the frozen veggies that are 40 calories a serving. I BELIEVE (don't quote me) that they're Green Giant veggies. They have different sauces and veggie blends in the packages that make it TOTALLY worth the $1 at the store.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We like to cut up potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions mix them with a little olive oil and roast them. It's a yummy dinner.
  • RebelBrew
    Options
    starters get rid of the cream of onion soup loaded with salt. there are a million ways to go roast it on top of some veg and have some quinoa couscous or rice on the side
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    starters get rid of the cream of onion soup loaded with salt. there are a million ways to go roast it on top of some veg and have some quinoa couscous or rice on the side

They do have some with sodium free, reduced sodium, and lower fat cream soups. When I buy soups like that for cooking, I usually get the reduced sodium.