Feeling defeated before I start!

Options
Hi everyone. Sori of this sounds like a broken record.

I have a pretty good idea of what to do, how to eat, sleep, hydration, all of that. But sometimes I feel like I'm soo far gone, what's the point? It's hard to reprogram your brain to stop looking at "microwave" culture and results and stay consistent for the time it takes to see results. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever reach my goals.

Someone tell me I'm crazy! Lol.

Please?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    You'll need to find your own narrative - by being consistent it's possible to achieve great things so definitely not 'too far gone' unless you let yourself believe that!

I would recommend focusing on the journey, not the destination: process goals like logging regularly, gradually changing your diet into a healthier one but that you still enjoy (not some theoretical perfect diet that you can't wait to ditch when you reach your goal), find exercise you enjoy and perhaps set some fitness related goals.

The ones who focus on fast losses are often the ones who burn out/give up because they make their journey too unpleasant, or regain the weight (and then some) because they made temporary instead of durable changes. Learn from that 🙂