Hello new here!

Options
wenglish12
wenglish12 Posts: 1 Member
Looking for easy breakfast ideas! Typically on the run so they need to be quick and easy.

Replies

• _melysalopez_
    _melysalopez_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started making overnight chia pudding and oatmeal. Easy to take on the go.
  • JessRivest1
    JessRivest1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a big egg bake at the beginning of the week.
    - 1dozen eggs
    - 1/2 cup of milk (or to your liking)
    - 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (your choice but I prefer a fiesta blend)
    - 6 servings of your choice of meat (bacon, sausage, etc…)
    - 6 servings of a Veggie of your choosing (spinach, onions, mushrooms, broccoli (I would steam broccoli a little first), etc…)
    - Salt & pepper to taste

In a 9x13 casserole dish (sprayed with olive oil) mix the eggs and milk, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper until well blended. Sprinkle in your other add ons (meat and veggies) as evenly as possible and then push them down into the eggs. Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheese over the top of the egg bake and bake in an oven until done (usually between 20-30 minutes depending on your add in’s). Once done allow to cool for 30ish minutes then cut into 6 pieces. When pulling out for breakfast you can pop it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and enjoy :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Braised egg or eggs. Takes just a few minutes:
    • Heat a pan over medium heat.
    • Crack an egg or two into a small bowl. I'm using duck eggs lately, so just one of them.
    • Melt 5g of butter and maybe a little olive oil in the pan.
    • Pour in the egg(s)
    • Add a couple ounces (shot glass) of water.
    • Put the lid on the pan.
    • Set the timer for three minutes.
    • When the timer is done, remove the egg(s) to a plate and sprinkle with Maldon salt.

Oats with yogurt - you can make it the night before or make it and take it with you to eat a little later in the morning:
    • Weigh out yogurt. I currently use 150 grams of Nancy's organic whole milk yogurt.
    • Mix in old fashioned (thick) rolled oats. I currently use 30 grams.
    • Mix well.
    • Add anything else you like. Sometimes I chop a small apple and add cinnamon. Sometimes I add 11 grams of cacao nibs. If I have some pineapple in the house, I might use that. I used to use sunflower seeds. Do what you like. Strawberry season is coming. When my blueberry bushes are producing, I use those.
    • Let this sit for a half hour or hour (or more) for the oats to soften. Eat.

Miso soup:
    • Mix miso of your choice with a small amount of cool water to make a slurry.
    • Boil some water. You can add a few frozen vegetables if you want or some diced tofu.
    • Put the boiling water in a large mug (or thermos if taking to go). Stir in the miso slurry.
    • Enjoy.
  • brittalyse
    brittalyse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt cup with scoop of protein powder mixed in and half or full banana sliced on top. Current fav combo is banana or coconut flavor yogurt + salted caramel protein powder. Takes 2 seconds and nice extra protein for the day.
  • cookiecrumbles9
    cookiecrumbles9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve been making greek yougurt mixed with peanut butter and honey it’s so good and high in protein and can be prepped in advance!
    3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
    2tbsp peanut butter
    1tbsp honey
    Microwave the peanut butter for like 30 seconds so it mixes together easier
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal Packet Mug Muffin

In a large mug beat
    1 egg
    1/4 C. mashed banana, applesauce or pumpkin puree

Stir in
    1 packet instant oatmeal (flavor of choice)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Microwave 2:00 - 2:15. Turn muffin out and inspect the bottom. If bottom looks too moist (raw egg) cook 10 seconds more. Turn out again and cool.

Greek Yogurt Parfait
    1 container Greek Yogurt
    1/4 C Berries (thawed or frozen)
    1/4 C Fiber One cereal (original)
    1 Tbl. slivered almonds (especially if yogurt is fat free)

Current flavor favorite - lemon Oikos and raspberries. Yum!
  • Mjr1281
    Mjr1281 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos and freeze! So easy to pop in the microwave and take on the run. Whenever I have the time in the AM, I'll make a really big batch of scrambled eggs, eat just the eggs for breakfast that day, then wrap the rest up in a shell, usually just with a half slice of cheese in each and wrap each in parchment paper so it's easier to keep separate and reheat. Sometimes I'll add a little ham. I find that adding veggies can make them soggy.
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do a baked oatmeal which lasts me 6 breakfasts. You can change the flavour according to what you have available.
    My base recipe is either 2 bananas mashed, or 1 cup stewed apple. Then 2 cups oatmeal, 2 cups milk (I use soy), raisins or other dried fruit. 1 egg (I prefer not to use animal products but it definitely makes it less dense) and I add nuts or nut butter depending on what is in the pantry. Vanilla extract or cocoa powder adds great flavour or colour. Lots of variety is possible -add a shot of coffee, coconut or grated carrot...whatever you want.
    Bake at 180 Celsius for about 30 minutes.
    I slice it up and eat it cold, but if I have time, I'll warm it up.
  • boogizmo15
    boogizmo15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to meal prep when I have time. This week I did my containers with cottage cheese and pineapple the pit in some strawberries & blackberries on the side. I don’t like eggs in the morning so breakfast can be a challenge.