Meal prep

Options
Bell004725
Bell004725 Posts: 4 Member
Hi dies anyone have any ideas for freezable meals? I work shifts so I'll need to meal prep for work days :-)

Answers

• ILSpeidel
    ILSpeidel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soups freeze well. I often make soup for lunches and then freeze leftovers. It's affectionately called freezer surprise at my house. 😉
  • jwalbright
    jwalbright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking out of "skinnytaste meal prep" cookbook by Gina Homolka a lot lately. It has sections on freezing and reheating leftovers / planned overs and also freezer to intstapot / slow cooker meals. My wife and I have enjoyed it. I am not sponsored or anything just really been enjoying the cook book. I got it off amazon.
  • cdev225
    cdev225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to buy roughly 4 pounds or 6 chicken breast at a time. I cut them in half, bread them and cook them. Then I freeze them in bags of 2 so I can thaw them and have a meal at my leisure. Goes great in a salad, with “minute” rice cups, or frozen vegetables. Hope this helps :smiley:
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Roast meat with veggies with gravy freezes well. I do a lot of soups, stews and curries. Things that go with rice and pasta freeze pretty well (which includes stwes and curries). Have a look in the supermarket at frozen ready-meals and you can get some ideas about the things you can emulate in a more healthy way at home.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    Whenever I make a recipe that freezes well I cook a quadruple batch because quadrupling a recipe is not much more work than a single batch especially if you use the food processor for tasks like chopping onions.

Braised dishes such as coq au vin, chicken cacciatore, dak dori tang, beef daube, beef rendang, bolognese sauce for pasta, dutch split pea soup, chilli con carne, lamb shanks all freeze well.

Baked dishes that freeze well are meat loaf, meat balls, gratin dauphinoise (=scalloped potatoes), lasagna and vegetable lasagna.

Miscellaneous pasta sauces I freeze are pesto, vodka sauce and puttanesca.

I have a sous vide wand so also do corned beef and duck confit is large batches to toss in the freezer.
  • DMBcorey
    DMBcorey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend the Stealth Health Cookbook enough. I’ve made a bunch of the recipes and I have a freezer full of 20+ meals for work days and lazy nights of no cooking. I’ve tweaked a few of them to be more calorie friendly.

I’ve become obsessed with blended cottage cheese nd will try to make anything out of it. I can’t stand it plain!

The screen shots are the prep I made this evening and the nutritional facts.

Good luck. va7dn9wcabul.png
    ahgk7ykgn9fb.png
  • lakegirl57
    lakegirl57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband takes lunches to work and I cook extra of whatever I cook and freeze it in Food Saver bags. He can pull whatever combination out of the freezer he wants and puts it in a Hot Logic to heat it up. The Hot Logic is great for heating lunch and the Food Saver bags keep foods from drying out like a microwave does.

Right now I have twice baked sweet potatoes, twice baked regular potatoes, and meatloaf that I batch cook and freeze in individual portions. Green peas, pintos, that are leftover from weeknight meals, etc. Sausage, egg and cheese biscuits his breakfasts are made monthly and kept frozen so he can grab and go.