Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    If your calories average out to the right level over a day or few, yes. Weight loss - fat loss - is directly about calories. Portion size matters, of course.

I ate pizza during weight loss, and eat it a bit more now in maintenance. (I'm not a Little Ceasar's fan, myself, but we all have different pizza preferences ;) .)

If you spend lots of your calories on pizza, overall nutrition may suffer, so that's a consideration. Also, some people find very calorie dense foods (like pizza) not very filling. If so, it can be harder to manage appetite. Those aren't for-sure deal-breakers, just things to look out for.

Finding a good balance of tastiness, nutrition, and feeling full on reduced calories is the overall goal, IMO. Pizza can be part of that, certainly.

Best wishes!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Why not, as long as it fits your calories. I do eat deepfreeze pizza every now and then. The ones I like tend to come in here at around 700 calories. So I eat a slice less to make it fit.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    So many people think of a diet only in terms of restricting choices.
    Diets that actually work teach you not what you can and can’t eat, but what is more satisfying for your own body’s needs. Which will vary depending on your age, weight, gender, activity level, health, as well as personal preferences.

There is a learning curve, but it’s not too steep.

Stick around. Log your food and your progress. Read the forums and ask questions. Read the other areas of MFP too, if you have a paid account.

Eat the pizza if you want to. Then decide for yourself if it was worth it, depending on your own situation. One day at a time. You got this.
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If your maintenence allowance is 2000 and you eat 1500 calories a day of McDonalds, KFC, Chocolate and doughnuts, maybe some ice cream, you will lose weight. You'll just feel like *kitten* when it catches up due to lack of nutrition and too many additives.
  • artsrule
    artsrule Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist told me everything in moderation. If one eats pizza, have a salad or vegetable along with it. It's finding the right balance for you!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,919 Member
    Options
    artsrule wrote: »
    A nutritionist told me everything in moderation. If one eats pizza, have a salad or vegetable along with it. It's finding the right balance for you!

"Finding the right balance" for an individual is not the same as moderation as it relates to someones health, not even close, so much for the gospel from the medical community.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I did. Plus McDonald's, ice cream, and other assorted desserts. Lost 40 pounds. I just had them only on occasion (ok, desserts every night) and made sure everything fit under calorie limits for the day as much as possible, while eating plenty of veggies and lean meats the other nights.