Why aren’t I losing the weight?

Options
I’ve been doing everything the app has been telling me; staying within the calorie limit, eating what’s good for me, working out, etc. and all of this worked for my dad but not me. Any tips?

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    The app doesn't tell you to do anything. You can get an estimate of a calorie goal for how much to eat, and the app lets you log your food. To lose weight (fat) you just have to be in a deficit. Are you in a deficit?

Your diary is closed, so nobody can give any feedback to assist you beyond this simple energy balance goal.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Unless the website is messed up you've joined today. But just in case, and as you don't provide more information: Weightloss doesn't happen within day but within weeks and months. Don't give up. Give it time, stay patient, trust the process, weight and log your food intake properly.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    I’ve been doing everything the app has been telling me; staying within the calorie limit, eating what’s good for me, working out, etc. and all of this worked for my dad but not me. Any tips?

As stated, opening your food diary would be helpful, as would more information on you current stats, you goals, and what your current calorie goal is.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? It takes time. The first month or so if you are in fact in a proper deficit water weight can mask Fatloss. 4-6 weeks in with no progress then you aren’t in a weekly calorie deficit for a multitude of reasons.