Acquired Tastes

Options
I have been eating healthy (other than once a weekend) for almost a year now. I used to HATE salads. I couldn’t stand the taste at all. Now I absolutely love them. Anyone else just acquire a taste for healthy foods after a while and after cutting out unhealthy foods?

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I actually love broccoli now and I never liked it prepared any way before :D
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Absolutely and the longer I do the wfpb life the more I LOVE LOVE fresh veggies, plain whole foods, etc. Sweets I used to like and things like pizza, etc. Make me so nauseated! I literally crave broccoli, asparagus, dark greens, vibrant salads, chick peas, some fruit on occasion, etc. It's sowonderfil to love food that loves you back!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Yes, my tastes have definitely evolved for the better. The less processed and restaurant food I eat (haven't eaten at a restaurant or fast food place for almost a year) the better fresh fruit and vegetables taste. For me, processed foods and salt-laden restaurant food dulls my taste buds. Just my unpopular opinion.

Like @VegjoyP, I crave fresh foods.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    Yep, whole fresh food is about 90% of my diet, mostly animal sources, with some veg. Love it. :)
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 461 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    Yes, similar experience with salads; our family sneered @ rabbit food. Realized it was the form/configuration on big bed of lettuce (a free food in many fad/crash and mainline diets to which i developed an aversion.
    - decided to skip lettuce and do cold rough chopped veggies dipped in ranch or salsa. That became tolerable, then enjoyable, and eventually desireable for the first time ever & enjoy often now.

Also spinach. Diets often included canned spinach, back in the day. Made me want to hurl.
    - experimented with fresh spinach, 1st instead of lettuce on sub sandwiches. Grew to enjoy that. Then, tried lightly wilted in stir fry, added at end. Liked that too... Now eat in all sorts of ways I like including in salads...
    --except still won't/cant eat canned or frozen spinach.