Introduce Yourself

Options
I’m new to this site and also this is the first time I’m trying to lose weight. My goal is to lose 30 pounds if not more. And of course to tone my body a little. I’m a stay at home wife and also an online student. I have gained a lot of weight because I spend a lot of time on the computer doing school work and this also made me a little lazy. I have a treadmill now and I plan on using it often. Tips on what works for weight loss would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• jamielyn1369
    jamielyn1369 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is what you make of it. It can be a bunch of cheerleaders or it can just be your own personal site to count your calories. As far as advice, just pay attention to what you are eating. I never liked veggies, but am utilizing my fiance (who is a chef) to make good tasting veggies. I have eaten more veggies in the week I have been on here than ever in my life! I have lost 6 lbs in 5-6 days by just changing from high fat high calorie foods to high taste low calorie veggies and lean proteins. I haven't added alot of exercise in yet! The calorie counting also lets you see where your weaknesses are! I love cheese and was seeing alot of calories and fat added because of that! So I changed what cheese and how much I eat now! And be careful of the preset numbers they give you. I changed alot of mine because I talked to a nutritionist and my calorie count was too low for my activity level! Also, with my sugar, it was counting all sugars and only allowing me 40g of sugar! The fruits I eat alone are more than that. You shouldn't have more that 50 ADDED g of sugar!!!! So I raised my sugars up a bit and just pay attention to how much ADDED sugar I get per day. The other I changed was carbs vs protein. It was giving me 55% carbs and 15% proteins. I changed that to 45% carbs and 25% protein. Again, I changed all this with a nutritionist help. You can probably find alot of this online, but I didn't change it until I had a professional's opinion! Hope all that is helpful! And good luck, you are going to do great!!!!!
  • rosegiver
    Options
    Hi my name is Rubi, and I learned that if you drink two glasses of water before eating a mill you will eat a good portionate amount of food instead of overeating. This has worked for me, but I just go with one to start off with. As for exercising make some goals on what you want to accomplish. I made a goal to at least be able to run a mile by the end of this year, and so I far I am able to run a quarter of a mile now. :) Wish ya luck and hope that this sorta helped. xp
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using the site for about two weeks, and I'm already seeing results! Log everything honestly, change habits slowly, and build up a support team. I found it useful to not make too many changes at first, just see what I was doing. Then I tried making small changes one at a time. So far so good! Feel free to add me if you'd like support.

Good luck!
  • guessgigi
    guessgigi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I"m not new to this site but I have not used the support system. I've been trying to go at it alone and realize I do need the support to stay motivated. I hope to be able to cheer others on to their weight loss goals as well. I need to lose 30 pounds according to my doctor. I'm the usual start/stop person when it comes to dieting. So I hope with your help and encouragement I will finally be able to reach my goal. Of course I realize 1-2 lbs a week is a reasonable goal. If not please let me know. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Have a great day!

Gina Gonzales