Jeans recommendations for a hourglass shape

Options
I know for us girls (and maybe guys for all I know) jeans shopping is a challenge to say the least. I have a smaller waist but bigger hips and thighs, and I was wondering if anyone of similar shape could throw out some recommendations for jeans that work for you. I recently got a pair of Lee's Comfort Fit in bootcut and they seem to fit well and flatter my shape. Any others?

woops, grammar police-- make that *AN* hourglass shape :P

Replies

• trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    Try Fashion Bug..they have a line that fits according to your figure!
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Levi's 529s--the BEST jeans for curvy girls :)
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I wear levi signature strause "think that is how it is spelt" low rise most of the time. I can wear the mid rise, but I have a short waist to hip ratio. Only about 3 inches from belly button to hip joint to play with.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have found success with AE jeans as well. But only their stretch ones. Some of their materials are not stretch and are meant more for narrow bodies. Some personal favorites are Boyfriend jean, Artist flare, and artist skinny crop (not a narrow jean, just a skinny leg) I have also found luck with JCPenney's misses/petite brands :-)
  • cindylawrence1
    Options
    Amber, jeans are about the hardest thing to get right. You might want to try Coldwater Creek's "classic waist" jeans. They sit at the waist and have a smaller waist gnerally eliminating the gapping in the back. . Hope that helps.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Denizen by Levi ( at Target) and Old Navy have worked for me. I also like the Lee jeans. It is really hard to find pants that fit properly--no gapping at the waist. Good Lucj
  • BulldogCNM
    Options
    Gap's Long and Leans work really well. I have an hour glass shape too. (A 28" middle and a 38" butt gappy jeans NOT attractive.) I love Gap jeans and J-Crews boot cut. Good luck!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Maurice's has awesome jeans. The hydraulic ones are a little more expensive, but I only will wear them. I have a very big butt and hips. www.maurices.com
  • jmikels67
    Options
    Last year I discovered Avenue - OMG! Fantastic! Fashion Bug had jeans that fit my hourglass pretty well with minimal gapping in the waist, but only had a huge bootcut leg that was more like a bell bottom (hid my whole foot). Avenue has a fantastic jeans line however that has a variety of cuts - skinny, straight, and bootcut that have a little bit of stretch (not crazy, just enough to be comfortable) and that fit my hourglass very well. They are called Divine Denim. They are a tad on the pricey side, but go on sale often and can be had for a decent price. Warning, they tend to run a little large - I had to get 2 sizes smaller than I anticipated for a proper fit. I have all three styles (they also come in different washes) and I LOVE them! I am in Ohio and Avenue is common, but if they aren't in your area they are also online. Highly recommend! I have always been an hourglass (even when I was much thinner) and i totally know how hard it is to find pants that fit!!! Good luck!
  • slavaheroyam
    Options
    BUMP! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I used to wear the Levi's number jeans I think in 525?? I don't know but my store discontinued them and I have been thinking about the 529s as a replacement.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Gap's Long and Leans work really well. I have an hour glass shape too. (A 28" middle and a 38" butt gappy jeans NOT attractive.) I love Gap jeans and J-Crews boot cut. Good luck!
    I forgot about Gap too!! My gap jeans are awesome and they do have a Curvy fit :-)
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    My absolute favorite jeans are BKE brand from The Buckle. They're about 70-80 dollars but, worth every penny.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a store or high end mall and trying on everything you possibly can.
    If you can afford it, spend the money on jeans. Unless you are a super model, there is a reason expensive jeans cost more. You will look good, but you have to keep trying brands to find what works for you.

My wife has favorite brands, Joe's Jeans, and some others, but I believe she is smaller than you.
    I have had jeans custom made at Hugo Boss and it was less than $150.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I am moderately curvy, but these are the jeans I wear most:

American Eagle, Gap, Levis, Hudson and True Religion

All of these brands seems to have a good range of styles and fits, and seem to be the best fitting and flattering to my figure. Some of my jeans are 'boyfriend' jeans, and I love 'em.

And a lot of my curvy girlfriends swear by Express jeans for enhancing their curves/booties! :)

Lucy