Here I go again

Options
lorscheuher
lorscheuher Posts: 4 Member
edited April 13 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
My name is Lori and I'm 62 year old wife, mom and grandma from Michigan the mitten state. I've been a member of My fitness pal since 2015, but was inactive. I recently found out that I have Diastolic Heart Failure and Pulmonary Hypertension and was told I have less than 5 years to live by my doctors so here I am going to prove them wrong. I would like to gain some friends on here who I can support and can support me. I do work full-time so I can't spend a lot of time online but I'm always there if needed for support.

Have a great day!!!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,153 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lori, and welcome - from a fellow Michigander, age 68.

I admit I don't know much about heart issues, but I admire that you're taking the reins to improve your own health. I'm kind of sub-par on the MFP friend side of things (more of a Community forum gal, I guess). But I wanted to stop by your thread and welcome you to the Community.

I'm cheering for you to succeed with your goals!
  • BansheeCatXD
    BansheeCatXD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wish you the best
  • debradke2
    debradke2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lori, hi there. im new here. so sorry to hear about your heart issues. i hope you can
    make thise drs have a surprise rwhen you have great success.
    Ive been on my own journey since march 202o. i list 60 lbs and got to 142-but my avg weight is sbout 145. but i have been having creep the past year due to not being as strict while trying to lose the last 10lbs last year. instead gained 10! so im at 152 now and hoping to get back to 142 at least! im 66 and really feel great. a fewhealth issues. whats caused some issues is AFIB, dr put me on a beta blocker that caused my heart rate to be so low its causing it to be even harder to losemy wt.
    but im determined to notgive up, i am houng to start some wt lifting to increase my muscle mass.
    sorry to run on too long! im not really used to online community! take care and see you on here.
  • debradke2
    debradke2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oh yes-my husband is from Allegan Mi! we are prior air force. :))