Just joined last week.

Options
aarobin
aarobin Posts: 1 Member
edited April 14 in Getting Started
Still working on the many benefits and how to use the app to my advantage.
I have a question:
I have synced my iPhone to the MFP and it is tracking my steps and exercises. This is what I want, however, I don’t want my daily calories adjusted because of the exercise. Is there somewhere I can change the settings?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    There's a setting for turning that off, but it's only available in the premium version of MFP. You can un-sync your tracker and accomplish almost the same arithmetic if you don't have premium MFP.

Why don't you want the calories adjusted? Fast loss isn't necessarily a good plan, and if you asked for the loss rate you want in your profile, eating back the exercise adjustment keeps you at that estimated weight loss rate. That's not necessarily bad if you asked for a slow loss rate and don't do much exercise, but if those things aren't true, under-eating can result, and that's usually counterproductive for weight loss, not to mention health and exercise performance.

Your call, though, obviously!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    If using the iOS app, you can swipe left on the exercise on your food diary to remove it.

Personally, I like as much data and detail as I can get so I don’t do it. A year later I may want to refer back to a specific period to see what I was doing different or was eating at the time.

For example, I’m returning from an international trip today. When I left, I weighed in at my lowest weight in several months. I can darn sure guarantee you when I weigh in this evening, I’ll be at the highest in several months.

In a year, I’ll be able to look back at my diary, see that I was running instead of my usual workouts, see those laugenecke and Milka bars on my meal plan, and immediately know why the spikes in my graph.