Started C25K Today

Options
I started C25K today in hopes to prepare myself for one of those iron-man 5K things...LOL..Well, this one has zombies too :) If you've just started and wanna help motivate me, I'd be happy to have you on my friends list. It'd be great to have some others to talk to and support each other for the next 9 weeks.:smile:

Replies

• betfos
    betfos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what is C25K?
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I attempted day 1 yesterday in fact. There was supposed to be 8 minutes of running of which I was able to do 4 minutes. I'm doing the entire program, but it may take me longer than the 9 weeks. It may take me a week or two to work up to completing day 1. But again, feel free to add me. Support helps!

*@ betfos -- C25k stands for Couch to 5K -- it's a running program you can find info at c25k.com and they also have a program listed for those that use a treadmill.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not quite to that level yet, but working up towards it. Tonight I did a mix of 15 or 20 second run / 45 or 40 second walk, and increasing it every other workout until I can run about 90 seconds at a pop. Then I'll do the c25k.

Good luck to you!
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi i just completed week 2 day 2 today and im already scared of week 3 lol...3 minute runs!!! arghhh. would love to friend others for support as well...good luck
  • ginurse_amy
    Options
    Hi Liz I started c25k last night after work. It was hard on my hip joints they are sore today but overall it felt good to run some. It's going to take some getting used to. I do about 6 miles on the elliptical every other day at the gym but running is different I guess. Would love to talk to you daily during my 9 weeks.

Amy
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    today i finished week 4 day 3 there is alot of people doing c25k and there is also an open support group were we just talk about out runs there are people that are just starting and people who are doing there first 5k race and every one in between
  • rainynova
    rainynova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 9 of C25K. 30 minutes without any breaks seems hard to do, but I'm working on it! Whatever you do, don't give up. You will be amazed at how far you can come in 9 short weeks. I remember running for one MINUTE was hard for me. Now I can run for one MILE no problem. Hang in there and have fun with it :)!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just download the app for this to my phone this evening with the intent to attempt day one tomorrow. Wishing you great success :smile:
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I managed to complete day one and surprised myself.