How do I stop the app from adding calories back when I work out.?

Options
msB734
msB734 Posts: 2 Member
;)

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Either don't sync your fitness calories, or enter 0 yourself for calories when entering your exercise manually, or don't enter your exercise manually.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    Just set a daily calorie goal and use that as a reference.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    The above. Or pay for premium MFP, which has a setting to turn off adding exercise calories.

Personally, I wouldn't do that, especially if the calories are coming from a tracker synced to MFP. If you have a tracker synced, MFP is only adding back enough calories to keep you at the weight loss rate you asked for in your MFP profile set-up.

Fast loss can be counter-productive: Get fatigued so move less in daily life and burn fewer calories than expected as a result, or experience appetite spikes that make it difficult to stick with calorie goal, not to mention potentially increasing health risks or causing appearance deficits like thinning hair. Those things may not happen, but the risks increase with fast loss.

Your call, though.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    You can shoot for a daily and the main thing is to watch the 7 day average as this is the most important number. That number you want as close as possible to your daily target. Some days you may want more than your target and some days less. You use the average as the goal.