Calorie estimate

Options
Currently skiing in Val d’Isere and had this veggie burger and frites for lunch - had skied up a big appetite and needed to keep my energy up so cleared the plate! Estimation of calories? Thinking around 1000kcal?
g4tb45x5rus0.jpeg

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Maybe. You could look up restaurants that have nutrition info and maybe get a better estimate, but at the end of the day does it really matter? You've burned who knows how much doing a day of skiing, and you're on vacation, don't worry about it. A diet break is healthy anyway. Lets the body and mind refresh, ready for the next phase.

Here's something I do. I have private food entries for Generic Stuff 20% and 4%, which are 100 calories and 20 or 4 from protein, and if necessary I'll ballpark an estimate and enter it as X * Stuff. So much easier than trying to enter specific food entries over and over for one-off items like vacation meals.

Btw that large helping of sauce is probably a large % of total calories. It's a simple improvement to request such things on the side.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    How's the weather on the mountain? :)
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    lol, skiing at Val and worrying about calories?
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a decent estimate. You can round to 1200 if it makes you feel better but you’ve certainly worked some of it off.

What a beautiful resort! Wow
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    I agree with the general philosophy of not giving it much worry, especially on vacation, and especially after heavy exercise. Make a wild guess estimate, log it, and go on with life. That's especially true if this was a one-time meal.

One meal, even one day, is a drop in the ocean. Finding a set of daily routine habits, most of your days, that keeps you full and happy at appropriate calories and with reasonable overall nutrition - that's the big deal.

The majority of our days is going to determine the majority of our results, not one rare day of skiing hard then having a nice, somewhat indulgent, carb-reloading lunch.

1000 calories? Sure, why not. Log it and forget it, and have fun skiing!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Fries are the killer - you’ve got about 500cal in fries alone. The burger will probably be in the 600-800 range depending on the bread, size of patty and amount of cheese and mayo. I’d log 1200.

Enjoy the skiing and the burger - it looks delicious.