This is too hard

Options
My pants don’t fit and they break anytime I try on a new pair. I hobble so bad trying to put on socks and getting around sucks.
I’ve tried to reach out in my personal life but ppl don’t understand-
I feel like this is just how my life is now.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Nothing changes, though, unless we change it. You can do this. It doesn't need to be a giant revolutionary overhaul of every life detail at once.

Make a positive change, any one that sounds easy. Eat more veggies, or try some manageable activity (maybe stretching in the morning to get out the kinks, or a short chair exercise video, or reduce sugary drinks by one per day, or start to log your food here just the way you eat now. After you practice that one thing for a while, add another thing that feels manageable. Take the range, commit to change. Just that is empowering.

If people in your daily life don't support you, reach out here, maybe join one of the accountability groups or threads.

You can do this. It won't be easy every single second, but commit to starting and continuing. The long-term results will be worth it.

I'm cheering for you!
  • jennbeth1
    jennbeth1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Change takes time, patience, and effort. Just focus on doing a little bit every day. Track your meals, go for a walk around the block, whatever you find achievable. Just commit to doing that, and change will happen. You can do this!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Invest in yourself with physical activity and improved food choices.
    Make some reasonable goals.

Check in with us- we got your back!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like what Ann said. Make one positive change. It doesn't have to be a big change. Build your confidence one day at a time. You can do this!