Stop Start STop Start Stop Start ....sound familiar

Options
Hi There! I"m not new to MFP but this is the first time I'm seeking out support to reach my weight loss goal. I feel so out of control with my Stop Start Habits. I'm hoping with the support of everyone and new friends I can finally Start and keep going to reach my goal of losing 30 lbs. So please help me out here. I"m open to all the tips and advise you have to give. I've been reading a few of your stories and WOw is all I can say. So excited to get Started again!! lol :drinker:

Sincerely,
Gina Gonzales

Replies

• nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am getting started again too. I get discouraged when the weight is not coming off like I would like it to. Hopefully we can support and encourage each other to stay on track this time and lose those unwanted pounds!
  • guessgigi
    guessgigi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @nacobi :wink: Yes let's do that!!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been here a little over a month. It wouldn't hurt to have more motivation. These past few days I feel like I've become a little lazy. Today particularly wasn't the best day but tomorrow's a new day, hopefully I'll have more energy then.
  • carmenhernandez
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I joined 9 months ago but I didn't do anything. I'm still at 150 pounds and I'm consider obese for my height. I hate the way I look in clothes and I tend to continue to hate the way I look and feel in clothes. I feel awlful. I really, really need motivation and support. Does anyone live in Austin, Texas. I really could use an accountabilty partner. I never thought losing weight would be so hard. Why the heck is this so difficult?
  • annglenn
    annglenn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    guessgigi-thanks for asking me to be your friend it also helped me to find this message board.

carmenhernandez- yes I live close to Austin in south Round Rock and would love to be your encouragement buddy

crystalthom-I am with you about needing motivation. I will have it for a few days and then something will happen and then it is all gone. Of course I blame on others or outside circumstances.

nacobi- I am with you it just does not come off like I want it too and then I go back to the old way of eating.

I am 61 years old, have 3 adult girls and 4 grandchildren. I have been batteling trying to lose weight since grammer school I was overweight then. I now weigh 266. with a loss of 40 pounds this year. I am 5' 5" and my doctor says that I should weigh around 125.
  • jamielyn1369
    jamielyn1369 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Annglenn! Way to go on your weight loss already! You are doing great and keep up the good work! Your doctor is only half right... you should be between 125 and 140. That's my goal... I am 5'4 and I am trying to get around 140. When I was in the military, I was 153 lbs but I was wearing a size 2. If I get to 140, that will be the smallest weight I've been since middle school! It's all in your body structure too. I have been a gymnast, swimmer and softball player my entire life! I am very muscular and athletic, but never really ate too healthy. Now that I am getting older, my body doesn't seem to forgive me as much as in my HS/college days! Good luck and keep at it! You are going to rock it Gram!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)