Time

Options
Do I have to stop eating before 8

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories consumed. You can consume them any time you like. Some people like intermittent fasting and limiting the hours that they eat in. Personally, eating dinner is practically the last thing I do before I go to bed. I prefer to eat late and don't eat until whatever work I have to do at home is finished. I had no problem losing or maintaining with that eating schedule.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    No. I have a snack(small meal) just before bed--12 pm or so. I don't recommend this for others necessarily, but personally I sleep better, which makes my tomorrow better, more pleasant, easier to get things done, and easier to eat healthy.
  • OnMyOwnWay
    OnMyOwnWay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No, you do not need to stop or start at any specific time. Those who are into intermittent fasting, do generally adhere to a schedule.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,224 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, no.

If eating close to bedtime hurts your sleep quality/quantity, or causes other negative symptoms (like increased acid reflux), then you might want a gap between your last meal/snack and bedtime.

I ate/eat up until nearly bedtime, sometimes even in bed, all through weight loss and nearly 8 years of maintaining a healthy weight since. Weight loss went at a pretty good clip.

Yes, if I eat in bed, I get up and brush my teeth before sleep. Usually. :D
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Count me in the acid reflux camp, need at least an hour between food and bed, more if it's either a particularly large or spicy meal.
  • BarbaraInSarnia
    BarbaraInSarnia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No... just make sure you aren't going over your daily amount. Good luck in your journey
  • texasbbaygirl972
    texasbbaygirl972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No... just make sure you aren't going over your daily amount. Good luck in your journey

Thank you