Trying to gain weight

Options
hello mfp! I'm not necessarily new. I've been having this account for awhile but I've never utilized it. My story is a little different. I'm not trying to loose weight. I weigh 135 and I'm trying to gain weight. I know what you all may be thinking, lucky him. Well not really. I would love to gain 40-50 lbs. I just need some support. Which is why I am posting on here hoping to meet a few people that are trying to gain weight as well and hopefully we can motivate each other to accomplish our goals together!

Replies

• sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i am not trying to gain , but good luck! i totally understand when people are real skinny and evryone is like luckey but... not really! i hope you acomplish your goal!!! but in a healthy way!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    hello mfp! I'm not necessarily new. I've been having this account for awhile but I've never utilized it. My story is a little different. I'm not trying to loose weight. I weigh 135 and I'm trying to gain weight. I know what you all may be thinking, lucky him. Well not really. I would love to gain 40-50 lbs. I just need some support. Which is why I am posting on here hoping to meet a few people that are trying to gain weight as well and hopefully we can motivate each other to accomplish our goals together!

LUCKY *kitten*...Just kidding.
    Seriously, look into Solid balanced meals of Proteins and increased carbs, with, of course, increased Cals.
  • megskin15
    Options
    My fiance is in the same boat as you... I probably weigh the same or more than he does. We've been trying to get his weight up as well so I'll bump this :) Interested to hear any suggestions!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Just make sure you consume high calorie quality foods such as nuts, avocado & not out of those junk foods. I don't know much about your diet but make sure you eat adequate amount of protein daily for your muscles. As for exercise, I read that for skinny people it is advisable to concentrate more in lifting heavy weights & lesser cardio time. I'm already surpassed my goal weight & my current goal is to gain muscles.
  • lukurq28
    Options
    You are absolutely right about the heavy weights. Some years ago I was brutally bashed and decided to beef up to protect myself. I gained weight quite quickly through the lifting of heavy weights and little cardio. Be careful though as I made the mistake of gaining too much muscle mass with heavy weight and not enough muscle tone.

This means whenever I get lazy the muscle turns to fat.
  • CyrusMachin
    CyrusMachin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Before you begin any kind of weight gain program, you're gonna need to eat more calories than your body burns in a typical day. I will say this...for the amount of weight that you want added to your frame, you would definitely need to lift weights. Otherwise, you'll just be soft and pudgy all over. How tall are you?
  • Aimeebelinda
    Options
    Hey,

My tip is to eat a lot of calories but in a healthy way. So not too much junkfood. In my case if i eat a lot of junkfood i'll just loose weight.. And try to eat as often as you can, so between breakfast, lunch and dinner try to snack a lot. Try to eat something every 2 hours.

I've been underweight my whole life so i know how you feel and i've tried a lot of things. Eating whipped cream with everything, shakes, but nothing helped. I decided this week that i too want to gain weight again because i'm not happy with myself. I'm 163 cm tall and weigh about 46 kg. For a healthy bmi i should weight about 51 kg. My goal is 53 kg.

Hope this helps you to gain the weight.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Luckily there's a ton of resources out there for that as well, and there are many ways to make gainer shakes if you have trouble eating enough calories.