Hubby's away, goals are set!

Options
Hello all!

I'm Amy, I'm a wife and mom to four as well as a breastfeeding counselor. My husband is currently processing to go to Iraq as a defense contract employee. Since he's been out of the army (8 years) life has been more stressful than we could have ever imagined and my weight has skyrocketed. I am hoping to lose 25 pounds by the time he comes home for his first R&R in August and another 25 by the second in January.

Have a great day!

Amy

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm Amy, I'm a wife and mom to four as well as a breastfeeding counselor. My husband is currently processing to go to Iraq as a defense contract employee. Since he's been out of the army (8 years) life has been more stressful than we could have ever imagined and my weight has skyrocketed. I am hoping to lose 25 pounds by the time he comes home for his first R&R in August and another 25 by the second in January.

Have a great day!

Amy
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Amy! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good luck Amy! Wow, more stressful now that he's out? My husband is active duty Air Guard. I sometimes think, wow, what have I gotten into?? I'm looking forward to his being out!! What makes it so stressful now? Just curious!

It is easier to eat better and exercise when they are away, isn't it? My husband doesn't watch what he eats the way I do. When he's gone, the 3 kids and I eat a lot of vegetarian. On days he has off and I'm working, it's nothing for him to call and say "I ordered a pizza for dinner. Can you pick it up on your way home?" I also find that I exercise more, because I'm not doing as much for household chores and having to fight for the tv (I work out at home).

You will do it!! I know it's hard when they're away, but we have to make the best of it. Think of what a hottle you'll be when he returns!

Erin
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Good luck Amy! Wow, more stressful now that he's out? My husband is active duty Air Guard. I sometimes think, wow, what have I gotten into?? I'm looking forward to his being out!! What makes it so stressful now? Just curious!

It is easier to eat better and exercise when they are away, isn't it? My husband doesn't watch what he eats the way I do. When he's gone, the 3 kids and I eat a lot of vegetarian. On days he has off and I'm working, it's nothing for him to call and say "I ordered a pizza for dinner. Can you pick it up on your way home?" I also find that I exercise more, because I'm not doing as much for household chores and having to fight for the tv (I work out at home).

You will do it!! I know it's hard when they're away, but we have to make the best of it. Think of what a hottle you'll be when he returns!

Erin

We loved the army, and he was active duty for seven years. We got married right out of high school and he enlisted right away so I think part of loving it was that we didn't know anything else.

My husband only left the army so we could help take care of his mom, who was battling cancer. She was supposed to have a stem cell transplant but the only match, her sister, passed away of cancer just before the transplant, she had devoloped a very aggressive lung cancer. My MIL passed away six months later.

We never wanted to move back here to Michigan and he wasn't really ready to leave the army, I think a lot of things contributed but it's just been really difficult since he's been out.

He's in Houston processing to go work in Iraq for KBR right now and he's so happy! He actually eats really well but it's impossible for me to work out with the schedule we had when he was here and he does have to have meat, so like you, my kids and I will be eating many more vegetarian meals while he's away.

He gave me this long pep talk last night about not getting discouraged because it takes time to lose weight and it's incredibly hard, so even with him away, I have his support. I've never really tried to lose weight, so we'll see how this goes!

And being a hottie when he returns is SO the goal, lol...I already have the sundress I am going to wear to the airport picked out in my mind!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: