Anyone else question nutrition results?

Options
I had 2 scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach and a fresh kiwi. When I checked my macros, it said I had 32g of protein. No way is that accurate.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The food database is crowdsourced. It's always good to check against food labels or the USDA database to ensure you're using accurate entries.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe. You're probably right, but it depends on portion sizes. All of those things have at least a little protein. (Lietchi's point is the more probable explanation. ;) )

One guess: If you picked "scrambled eggs" from the database, you may've gotten one from someone who puts milk (and maybe even cheese) in their scrambled eggs.

If you used a "scrambled eggs" item, a more accurate idea would be to separately log raw eggs, any oil you use, and any other add-ins, and as Lietchi said, be sure to check the nutritional accuracy of items you pick, if you care about nutrition.

I know that sounds like a lot of work, but once you do it, items you eat semi-frequently will be in your MFP recent/frequent foods and show first when you go to log food.

Best wishes!
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it didn't say 32%?
  • nath69uk
    nath69uk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As said above, once you've weighed and measured your version you can save it. That way next time you have it you can quickly add it back in knowing that it's accurate.