My Year

Options
camman92
camman92 Posts: 4 Member
Hello! My name is Cam, 31 330lbs. Started this year with no motivation daily heavy drinker for almost ten years. I am now almost three months sober. Next step is my weight loss journey. Goal weight is 180 pounds. I know that is far off so my next goal is under 300!

Replies

• dardar50
    dardar50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cam and welcome! I’m close to being dx with T2 Diabetes. Working on diet changes and trying to incorporate some light activity. I’m going to an educational clinic at the hospital, my choice, to work on menu control.

Your sobriety is going great and I hope that you continue on that path. I have many friends in recovery and I love to see them celebrate their milestones!

In addition, I can’t wait to see you achieve your weight loss goals! 2024 is going to be a great year for both of us!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start by eliminating the legal poison. :)

Now to lose weight you need to introduce a sustainable calorie deficit and be patient.

Only you can this for yourself... :)
  • camman92
    camman92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this DarDar! Getting information is smart!

Xbowhunter-been in one that last week or so. No slip ups yet but still a work in progress. I’m new to the area I’m in and need to find a gym but have been getting out for jogs everyday and making sure I hit a minimum of 10k steps.
  • JEE_2024
    JEE_2024 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bravo to the above folks!

Starting my journey now at going on 5 days alcohol free. Looking forward to better health and fitness!

Keep strong folks!