Options
    Tired today :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 18min 58sec, 41elev, 2.90ap, 80ahr, 96mhr, 7.15mi= 605c
    Strava app =876c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 26min, 83aw, 207elev, 16.2amph, 56arpm, 116ahr, 146mhr, 7mi= 207c
    Strava app= 123c
    Zwift stats- 26.09min, 210elev, 82aw, 55arpm, 16.08amph, 7.01mi= 124c

Total cal 812

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Worked then stopped at the soup kitchen. Seems someone gets things at a church and brings them to BK so I take them to the soup kitchen.

Kim – thanks for the update about Karen. She’s so missed but I’m glad to hear that she’s doing well

Linda – I’m so sorry to hear about Tim but so glad that he’s doing better

Tracey – what is the numbering system?

Rita – honestly, I don’t care how long the story goes. You’re such an interesting writer, I can read it all day long. Lovely dreamcatcher. Macrame?

Debbie – I’ve never seen a cat “tree” with the treats. Looks neat. Oh, how did the Christmas tree work out?

Went to ceramics then WalMart. Now going to get to bed.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then stopped at the soup kitchen. Seems someone gets things at a church and brings them to BK so I take them to the soup kitchen.

Kim – thanks for the update about Karen. She’s so missed but I’m glad to hear that she’s doing well

Linda – I’m so sorry to hear about Tim but so glad that he’s doing better

Tracey – what is the numbering system?

Rita – honestly, I don’t care how long the story goes. You’re such an interesting writer, I can read it all day long. Lovely dreamcatcher. Macrame?

Debbie – I’ve never seen a cat “tree” with the treats. Looks neat. Oh, how did the Christmas tree work out?

Went to ceramics then WalMart. Now going to get to bed.

Michele NC

HAHA- There is a good chance that that Christmas tree may be headed to NC.!! The pictures look great but not sure I will be able to put it together plus then have to find a place to store it(don't think it comes apart after it is put together.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    I don't think of being independent as "training to be a widow", I think of it as being able to be single again.

I was married and together with my first husband for 12 years. About half way through that time I started setting myself up to be single again. It started as "just in case" and became more concrete as time went on.

I got education, a decent job, a bank account, and figured out how to do stuff.

I was single for about 10 years between husbands and that felt really comfortable. I was actually a bit reluctant to get married again.

But I did, and I made a mistake. I left some things up to my husband. Big oops!

When he had the accident, I struggled a bit to figure some things out. Fortunately I am in a better place now and there is documentation if either of us needs it.

When he goes, which will likely be before me given that he is 12 years older than I am, I would have very little difficulty being single again. Of course I would miss him! But I have no worries about being a single lady.

I also have no intention to marry again.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    A neglected corner at the bottom of our garden is surprising us with its dedication to spring.
    The cherry tree was already here when we moved in. This year the blossom has been the best ever. It's coming to an end now. The Spanish bluebells arrived unasked. No idea where they came from. The garden has sprouted them everywhere. The tulips are old ones we threw out of the pot last year after they had finished flowering. John must have scraped a hole, but with zero expectation!
    4gbrp4euudpq.jpg
    Nature is so wonderful 💖 😍

I ended up shopping in my own closet for a new handbag. Remembered I had one which is uncomfortable to use for long walks, but perfectly fine for the taxi rides I am taking now. It was an expensive present from John about a decade ago. Hardly used. I've bought a felt organiser for the inside as it's quite large and things rattle around in it. I want to find my wallet and my phone easily. Very pleased!!!!

I'm going to take a taxi to my son's house tomorrow, when John picks both girls up, as I'm missing them. I haven't seen Bea for ages. John says he is more than happy for me to run up Uber bills on the joint account, so that I can go out. <3
    It might only be for an hour, but it's worth it.

I'm doing an easy dinner tonight. Falafel and hummus. Lots of salad, and puffy pittas. I adore it, but John is not so enthusiastic, but I've used up all the fresh vegetables, so this will work, as we have salad stuff. I have a fresh red chilli to add to mine.
    Lunch is smoked mackerel and horseradish sandwiches.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

You can participate too Nosey. :)

Nosey——————Michele
    (Nosey is walking from one group of guests to another. Not staying in any one place for very long. What’s this? She stops and writes notes in a notebook between each group. For what purpose??)

• Machka9
    edited April 24
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    How about all the story characters have a conversation ...
    ...about how I ended part 2 of the Great MFP Mystery. I will repost it here to refresh your memories. I will hold off on continuing until you all add how you would have reacted in your character’s shoes when that happened. Below is the list of characters and the story so far:…….

Prince Charming = Terri. To Fairy Godmother “ (I am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just too difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit…)

Fairy Godmother = RVRita To Prince Charming “ I will cover for you until Cinders is found. Please reconsider. Oh, my dear!!!! Cinders is at the door with Sleeping Beauty! I have to see what happened to her!!) {In her mind, she thinks ‘I need to do something more with her! My plan is not working!!}

Cinderella = Lisa in AR
    Sleeping Beauty = Allie
    Nosey==Michelle
    Red’s Gran = Barbara AHMOD
    Red === Kylia
    Rapunzel == Machka
    Pixie==Rebecca
    Jasmoor= Heather
    Aladdin == Ginny
    Belle= Joy
    Grettel == Linda
    Hansel == Lanette
    Griselda== Rusty
    Jinn = Vickie
    Dwarf (Herbbette) = Tracey

Please continue the conversation for part 3. Let your personalities show through! 😊

Previous parts in spoiler:
    Part 1.
    Our MFP Murder Mystery characters and players so far:

Fairy Godmother [b/]- Rita (Still doting over the disappearance of her goddaughter, Felicity continues to hope that Cinderella will reappear and everyone will live happily ever after.)
    Jinn ——————-Vicki (Jinn wants to get out of her lamp forever and become human. Perhaps her friendship to Rita is causing some mischief?)
    Dwarf (Herbbette) ———Tracey (Like a sister to Sleeping Beauty, Allie’s dependence on Herbbette is endearing to some an annoying to others.)

Red’s Gran ———Barbara AHMOD (having escaped from the Wolf, Barbara is plotting something, but what or who will be affected?
    Red ——————-Kylia (Red came to the Ball with her Gran. Unaware that she is plotting something. Red suspects something is wrong, but what?)
    Rapunzel (Princess)————-Machka (Depserate to get out of her tower, this trapped temptress may have more than one offer on the table… the question is which one will she pick?)
    Pixie ——————Rebecca (Pixie is flitting around the Ball everywhere. She is gathering information about each party guest to report back to??)
    Nosey——————Michele (Nosey is walking from one group of guests to another. Not staying in any one place for very long. What’s this? She stops and writes notes in a notebook between each group. For what purpose??)
    Sleeping Beauty——Allie (With hopes of moving out of the bed, this princess hopes to soon be known not as the daughter of an evil queen, but as the wife of prince that is charming.)
    Cinderella ———-Lisa in AR (After being missing for a month, Cinderella shows up at the ball, dirty, tired, and ready to confront her kidnapper(s). She simply wants to rest first, but the Ball has disoriented her.)
    Jasmoor———Heather (Heather thought that Jinn was her friend and would help her through anything. But now, she is questioning this friendship..)
    Belle——Joy (Having tamed the ‘Beast’, Joy is happily going about her life. But no one knows her true motives…)
    Grettel—- Linda (Wandering the woods and destroying the evil witch, Linda is becoming more confident and independent. But will that lead her to her goals?)
    Griselda (Cinderella’s Stepsister)——Rusty (After years of animosity, Griselda has earned Cinderella’s trust and her place in the castle. Now that Cinderella is gone, will Griselda be next to disappear mysteriously?)

Prince Charming——Terri. (I (Prince Charming) am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just to difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit 😝)
    Aladdin————-Ginny
    Hansel———-Lanette

“MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”

“After the mysterious disappearance of Cinderella, Prince Charming is throwing a fancy dress ball to find a new bride. Some of the kingdom residents question how the prince could move on so quickly, while others are jumping at the chance to earn their spot as the new princess in the castle. No one has seen the Prince since Cinderella disappeared and the rumors are rampant!”

During the ball, as the dancing and rumors escalate, someone dies in the palace. Who died? Where? When? Why? How long was the victim dead? How did the victim die? What is happening?????

RVRita (Fairy Godmother) from the Kingdom of Roswell…….

Part 2:

The Ball has begun and people are arriving in droves. The entire MFP Women’s 50 plus group have arrived. The band has begun with background quiet music to welcome the guests. The servers are wandering among the guests with low carb, low calorie snacks, water, flavored waters, wine and diet drinks.

Fairy Godmother stands at the entrance welcoming the guests. Look! Here comes Jinn, Dwarf, Red’s Gran, Red, Rapunzel, Pixie, and Nosey! No one has seen Prince Charming. When will he arrive? The party is for him to choose a new bride. The crowd talks about the missing Cinderella and what they feel the Prince is rushing the search for a new bride.

The night progresses with more questions as it is near Midnight now, but the Prince has not shown up for his own Ball. Questions are floating among the guests as the band plays on.

The guest gasps in shock as Sleeping Beauty has just shown up with Cinderella!!

Fairy Godmother in the mysterious land of Roswell…… 🧞‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚🧝‍♀️🧙‍♀️🪄

Machka wrote:
    Meanwhile, Rapunzel is standing on the stage singing (because we all know she attracts her suitors with her lovely singing voice) and watching everything going on.

When she sees Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty come in, Rapunzel goes into a rousing rendition of "Do you believe in life after love?"

Then Rapunzel slides into "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" and then into a female version of Elvis Presley's - "I'm Moving On" with Grettel showing her stuff on the piano.

By the time Rapunzel breaks into "I Will Survive", Grettel begins to think something's up.

(Like Machka, Zel knows the words to a lot of songs. :) Unlike Machka, Zel can sing them well.)

MsElphaba wrote: »
    Mystery: Gretel is sipping some wine when she notices BabaYaga walk in. She suggests to Hansel that since BabaYaga is here, this would be the perfect time to go to her house and eat it. They decide to sneak out the back so Fairy Godmother doesn’t see them. As they pass the kitchen, they notice Cindy, SB, and THE BODY!

Linda
    Jacksonville, FL

Zel and Gretel have taken a break from the stage and passed the singing onto Pixie (Rebecca). Pixie, has taken a break from gathering information and has opted to watch the crowd from the stage while entertaining them with a popular selection of opera favourites.

Zel slips over to Griselda (Rusty), and asks her if she knows where Cindy was and why she looks so dirty. Why did Cindy look like she had been digging? Griselda notices that Zel seems quite edgy ... almost nervous.

"She better not have been digging around my tower", mutters Zel as she moves off to try to find Fairy Godmother who doesn't appear to be in the ballroom.

"Everyone is disappearing around here!" complains Zel. "Who would know what Cindy was up to? Pixie? She's singing. Oh, maybe Nosey (Michele). Nosey seems to know everything."

Zel rushes up and grabs Nosey by the shoulder, "Nosey ... you must know what's going on. What happened to Cindy? Where was she?"

Nosey shakes her (his?) head to indicate she (he?) doesn't know then says, "But someone saw a light on in your tower window this evening while you were here. Did you leave the light on?"

Zel looked horrified for a moment and then ran out of the ballroom.

Zel tied her hair around her waist and sprinted across the drawbridge and down the road, through the wood and into the meadow ... then disappeared from view.

A few minutes later, she sprinted up the winding stairs to her tower floor.

Sure enough.

There stood the old witch herself, Dame Gothel.

"How did you get out? The door at the bottom is sealed!", screamed the old witch, "Where have you been?"

"How did you get in?", asked Zel

"They have created ladders, little girl. I had to go and get a ladder! And now I am going to cut your hair off and close you in this tower forever!

As Gothel lunged for Zel, a hand reached out, grabbed Zel's hand and pulled her down the stairs and into Zel's secret tunnel.

Gothel ran after the pair, but lost her footing and tumbled down the stairs before she could see where they had gone.

The couple popped up in the meadow and ran into the wood, then stopped to catch their breaths behind a tree.

"Won't everyone be surprised to see YOU!", cried Zel.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Rita - You're doing great! Let the story tell you how long it will run, no worries.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, up in one of the many bedrooms, Sleeping Beauty finishes combing the bits of tree trash out of Cinderella's hair. Cindy is oblivious to the yanks and mild curses, simply smoothing the same gown the Fairy Godmother made her what seemed like a hundred years ago, and saying as much to Sleeping Beauty. "Don't even TALK to me about a hundred years until you've slept that long," said SB. Finishing Cindy's hair with one last yank, she lays the ornate hairbrush on the dresser, and they both head for the door of the room and then down the stairs once more. There, the Prince is just coming out of the kitchen, looking harried and worried.

"Who is it," Cindy asks, "And what happened?"

"I don't know," the Prince said, and in a low voice, "But whoever, or whatever, did the killing, they may still be here in the castle." And then, realizing who he's talking to, "And where have you been?"
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    One of the comments from the Quit Sugar Summit is that one of the biggest motivators for people to change their diets is their brains are not working they way they want. Creating the diet that works for you that causes your blood sugar to be healthy results in a brain that works in a healthy manner.

The second speaker I listened to went onto to say that a diet of highly processed foods sets you up to become addicted to foods that do not support your health. Again and again I hear the message the more you eat foods that are not processed or filled with sugar, flour, and too much of the wrong kind of fats the better you will feel. She went onto to say if someone is addicted to alcohol to address their diets. The roots of their addiction can be found in diet and trauma. Ways to help with this is change your diet, address your trauma, and use methods like meditation, breath work, support groups to help find your way out or unhealthy addictions.

The second speaker said it also helps to find a like a like minded group because we do need that support to make the changes needed and we are wired to copy one another. There is a strong need to fit in whether we admit it or not. One caution for me with this is falling into the reformed alcoholic syndrome where you get obnoxious wanting everyone to believe as you do. Others need to be honored for who they are and when they are ready to make changes that will help them. Fortunately there are many resources and others out there to help someone on their way to better health.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my chickens, from the swiftly warming morning of the Arkansas River Valley,

The rain was supposed to come in by 1 pm, then they said 4 pm, and now not until 5 am tomorrow... SMH. Then supposedly rain all morning Thursday, all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then back to dry again. We'll see how well Corey's hügelkultur raised beds do with lots of rain... All his plants have been very happy so far. That's if the rain shows up, of course. Always a guess.

But, since it's warming fast, I think I will get my yoga done, then work outside, and then go back to the quilt. Sounds like I might have lots of time inside to work in the craft room the next few days.

Those are my two priorities - the quilt and the yard. The best part of being retired is how few decisions there are and how trivial they are, in all honesty. Corey wouldn't care if I sat and read a book all day. The only thing driving me is... me. And a number of people who worked for me would be quite surprised at how little I play the role of taskmaster these days.

But first... breakfast! Or maybe yoga, then breakfast. Decisions, decisions.... :smiley:

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR