New to Myfitnesspal

Options
sammiloveg1
sammiloveg1 Posts: 4 Member
Looking for healthy quick recipes for morning breakfast :)

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,344 Member
    Options
    • Miso soup
    • Oats
    • Hard-cooked eggs batch cooked in advance - they can last a few days in the fridge
    • Bagel with hummus, cucumber, and red onion
    • Peanut butter sandwich
    • Leftovers
    • Bananas
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorites:

Pancakes from 1/2 cup ground oatmeal, squished banana, 1 egg and a sprinkle of baking powder and cinnamon. Mix up and let sit for a few minutes, then bake small pancakes in a non stick pan. Top with non fat greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. You can make the pancakes ahead, keep in the fridge, or even freeze them, and just throw them in the toaster in the morning.

High protein low carb wrap filled with 1-2 scrambled egg, fresh spinach and salsa.

There are a lot of really good ideas in the recipe section here as well.

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but I use the Oats Overnight meal shakes. I use oat milk, a scoop of unflavored whey protein and the oat packet mixed up the night before. It’s easy to drink in the car, but also has enough “chew” to feel like breakfast. I’m sure there are recipes online for similar things. I just found that the price of ingredients for the basic shake and one flavor was the same price as a variety pack that lasts me a couple of months.
  • patriciascott735
    patriciascott735 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Linwoods Flaxseed, Almonds, Brazil nuts Walnuts with 200ml of plant based milk, stewed apricots, prunes & figs with 1/2 banana,
    Almond butter in GF Heart of Nature bread.
    Mushrooms Spinach, beans and vegetarian sausages. Poached egg
    Overnight oats, seeds, peanut butter. Berries and plant milk. https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/peanut-butter-jelly-overnight-oats/
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'll admit this is weird, but I love this for breakfast:
    1 slice (appx 85g) homemade bread with 1oz Canadian cheddar melted over it in the toaster oven, and 12 Jumbo garlic and jalapeño stuffed olives