Tracking streak

Options
rjwells1960
rjwells1960 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone! This is my first post. My tracking streak is at 2590 days — anyone else in that range?

Replies

• WishfulShrinkin23
    WishfulShrinkin23 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine is no where near that just here to say that’s super impressive! Well done! :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!

Happy 7th anniversary of tracking! Feel free to leave any tips about what kept you sticking to it all this time. I bet you'll inspire others who think they need some motivation. As you know, it's not about motivation, it's about habit building.

Thanks for inspiring everyone!
  • rjwells1960
    Options
    Thanks mtaratoot! My main piece of advice is to enter food as soon as practicable after eating. Second, if you can’t find exactly what you’re eating, a reasonable approximation is perfectly fine (unless you need exact amounts for medical or other reasons).
  • rjwells1960
    Options
    Mine is no where near that just here to say that’s super impressive! Well done! :)

Thanks very much!

• deschaaf
    deschaaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine as of today: 4,929 days
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful accomplishment! I admire your dedication, and am sure it helps you succeed with your goals.

But you know that the number MFP gives on the profile page is the number of days we logged in, not the number of days we logged food, yes? For you, those two numbers may be the same, but that won't be true for everyone.

I've logged in for 3197 days so far, no days missed (which surprises even me ;) ). I have no idea how many days I've logged food, let alone all food. I know I've skipped logging food in MFP on some of those days. (Even though I noted on paper what I ate every day - I think. I didn't keep all the paper, or any but quite recent, really. I recycle the notes, or use them as background for my mixed-media visual journals.) I also know I have days where I only logged part of what I ate. I have logged all food most of those days, though. That's about the best I can tell you as a comparative.

Huge respect that you've logged food fully for 2590 continues days. That's excellent and amazing!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site and logging food for 17 years...There have been times when I've decided to take a break from logging. Sometimes it's for a few days like a vacation and sometimes it has been months at a time. For the majority of that time I've logged food. It works. It's really the In-Your-Face tool that is the most effective for keeping me mindful of my food intake.

The more important thing to me is my own body weight but I can't even say I've been consistent with stepping on the scale. So, well done, you! :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    4676 as of today

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Dam that's amazing!

I hunt in remote areas of Ontario with no cell reception so it's impossible for me to have a streak that long... lol
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    When I take wilderness trips, I pre-log a version of food. I have a recipe for "Rafter Rations" and a recipe for "SCUBA Diver Rations." It's simply a mix of fat, protein and carbs. I pre-log. Then when I get back, I request to have my streak updated. I'm still tracking even if the WAY I track varies on those long rafting or dive trips.

I'm only up to 2254 days - six years and a couple months. It's a very powerful tool, and it has helped me immensely. I was using the USDA Super Tracker before that until it got shut down. MyFitnessPal is a lot easier to use. I don't imagine there will be a time when I can just stop using it.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    When I take wilderness trips, I pre-log a version of food. I have a recipe for "Rafter Rations" and a recipe for "SCUBA Diver Rations." It's simply a mix of fat, protein and carbs. I pre-log. Then when I get back, I request to have my streak updated. I'm still tracking even if the WAY I track varies on those long rafting or dive trips.

I'm only up to 2254 days - six years and a couple months. It's a very powerful tool, and it has helped me immensely. I was using the USDA Super Tracker before that until it got shut down. MyFitnessPal is a lot easier to use. I don't imagine there will be a time when I can just stop using it.

I didn't even know we can log ahead... lol
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @xbowhunter

Yep.

On your diary you can go backwards to log something you ate yesterday but forgot to log. You can go on to tomorrow to log what you KNOW you're going to eat. Like some Mondays I might skip ahead to Tuesday and log that taco....

Or before a river trip or dive trip I can log one of these:

6qvu5q2h4mcn.png

cbblcc1gipde.png