I'm new to the group

Options
kates63
kates63 Posts: 5 Member
I am excited to get started with My fitness pal. I have done Weight Watchers for 3 years. The last two I maintained but couldn't loose any weight. Finally realized I need to keep track of carbs. I am glad I found a web page that lets me know how much carbs, fats, sugars and calories I am consuming. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey @kates63. Welcome to MFP. :) I just started counting macros again as well. I did Keto from end of 2016 to the beginning of 2019. MFP was very helpful in making me aware of exactly what I'm putting into my body and how much. It gives me some accountability and I actually enjoy tracking before I eat, so I can be sure I don't go over my goals rather than after the fact and feeling horrible about my choices.

Best wishes for you! Sending you a friend request.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    kates63 wrote: »
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Write out your next short-term goal here. Then check in here consistently. Others will be going through the same things. Some will have already succeeded, others will be dealing with setbacks.

Getting a like minded community is powerful.
  • Ltieff6937
    Ltieff6937 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just switched from WW myself. Trying to work in more protein. I have a tracking question, if anyone can help. I order a salad but have things taken off and use my own dressing. Do I have to track the individual ingredients or is there a way to customize the salad
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Keep recording and stick at it. you can do it.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Ltieff6937 wrote: »
    I order a salad but have things taken off and use my own dressing. Do I have to track the individual ingredients or is there a way to customize the salad

Good news bad news. Bad news: Yes, you should carefully weigh, measure, and track each individual item. The good news, it gets much easier with practice, and some of the tools you pickup in MFP will help save time.