Women 200lb+, Let's Apply Ourselves This April!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Update: lost an additional 1.5 lbs, I'm 194. My husband is noticing. "I can see it all over, your arms...........everywhere." He is very supportive of my journey.
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 165-168

April 1: 176.2
    April 7: 175.6
    April 16: 173.2
    April 22: 172.2
    April 29: 172.3 (trending 171.5)

Gah! I know it’s not real - TOM starting today, which always me gives an uptick - I was down to 171.2 earlier in the week but STILL. It’s always a little disappointing to see a + on weigh in day. But, that’s why I use an app that calculates trends because the ups and downs can feel discouraging. I really was hoping to be -5lbs in April, but I guess I’ll probably have to count the trend to get there.

Good news is, I like myself in pictures and videos again, even from unflattering angles! I really feel my best at 165ish but I can definitely tell that the 15 pounds I’ve lost this spring have made a huge difference.

I had a REALLY busy week at work this week and also didn’t log everything - I weighed it all but it didn’t all make it into the app because I was running out of time. I actually don’t mind doing that, as long as I’m weighing in daily so I can catch myself before any slides happen. It’s good practice for maintenance for me, where the goal is to have a general feel of portion size, food I can eat in a day, etc. I was maintaining happily at 186-187 for six or seven months, so I’m hopeful I can maintain just as happily, just 20 pounds lighter this year! 😅

I didn’t do a good job of working out this week either (since I was so busy with work), so this week’s goal is to get 3 strength workouts in. I walk a lot as part of my daily life but I also really like to lift weights.

You guys are doing amazing! Keep on keeping on!
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, so there will be a new thread for May? With the same title? Looking forward to continuing this because it's super super helpful to me knowing I am a little bit accountable somewhere! Plus it's fun to join in with other people working toward the same thing!
  • readgal89
    readgal89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    34 years old
    5’3”
    Starting weight: 267 (April 2023)
    Lowest weight ever as an adult: 148
    Re-starting weight: 247 (March 2024)
    Goal weight: 200 for now
    End Game Goal Weight:150

April 1: 249
    April 8: 247
    April 15: 245
    April 22: 243
    April 29: 242

Lost some progress with strength training. I was over doing it and took a break from it this week. I was going to start again this morning, but it was a Monday and my house was a mess so I just did some chores instead. I will try to get back to strength training tomorrow. I have still made progress loosing weight regardless. I am just three pounds away from my first ten pounds. I think I will try and get some new tennis shoes as a reward.
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 165-168

April 1: 176.2
    April 7: 175.6
    April 16: 173.2
    April 22: 172.2
    April 30: 171.3

Total April loss: 4.9lbs

Me again clocking in for April! Had the drop today so almost made my April goal. Fingers crossed that I’ll hit my goal in May and will be maintaining for the summer!!

See you all in the May thread!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Last day of April, you know what time it is:
    gmrt8hle0km8.png

Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

🌻 April Goals!🌻
    🌻 April GW: 179

🟡April SW: 182.2
    4/27 184.4
    4/30: 181.4

I'll take it!

Today I get to leave work early to go to Younger's swim therapy, which is a blast, then putter around the house doing errands and maybe clean out the fridge, then at the gym is a country dance class and splits class, which is good, nothing to agitate the shoulder that's still sore. I'm doing better eating wise this week, high protein breakfast is apparently a thing I really need in my life.

Tag party time:
    @mkculs13 the fact that you're here strategizing around how to get your movement in despite a lot of obstacles is honestly so inspiring, and I hope you know that I really mean that.

@itladyee your progress might be slower than you like, but it's progress!

@lisakatz2 I love this for you :heart:

@girlinkaz744 your trending number is what matters and it's great!!! Ooop, there it is! Let's goooo you're so close to your goal! 🎉

@krabuck there will be a thread for may, and if you can't find it in the forums, @RavenStCloud usually links it here. :smiley: She's the best.

@readgal89 YESS! Also new tennis shoes make a huge difference in how I feel day to day, that new cushioning. :lol:

Alright, last day of April, have a great day, everyone!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    SW 11/22 - 238.2
    Current weight: 229.2
    April goal weight - 224

4/1: 229.2
    4/8: 228.3
    4/15: 228.1
    4/22: 227
    4/29: 226.6

I didn’t meet my goal but that’s OK. I will pass it on my way down in May 😊

I started journaling and I think that is helping me see things more clearly. My forever pattern with journaling is that I start and stop and I’m not sure why I can’t stay with it. I do write all of my emotions and maybe sometimes they scare me. I worry that my kids will read them someday and not understand where I’m coming from with some of the things I write. Nothing too serious, but I lay it all out there … the past … how the actions of a significant person in our lives has affected me. I don’t want to throw anyone under the bus.. So I’m conflicted, but I think it’s what I need to do for myself.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    💜💜💜Hello, ladies!!!💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum:

🌼Women 200lb+, Let's Find A Way This May!!!🌼

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914646/women-200lb-lets-find-a-way-this-may#latest

Hope to see you there!
  • jensup
    jensup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well could use the help and encouragement