Chocolate.

Options
Blah, I'm still eating chocolate basically every day ><
I manage to keep under my calorie goal, but it's not exactly healthy.
I have basically some dove chocolate promises, which aren't that bad for calories, but I also have a small (not the giant bag the small ones that are about 46 grams) of m&m's.
Any way to stop this?

Replies

• theidarisafa
    Options
    chocolate is good for you.

the fat in milk chocolate and sugar not so much, but it doesn't sound like you're out of control(like eating the whole bag).

so you're probably okay. Fitness and health is a journey not a destination. If you can continue to become more fit and still incorporate things that you love into your life, all the better.

I wouldn't sweat it so much.(but sweat it out in the gym everyday or at home if you can).

good luck to you. Eating "clean" forever is very hard to do. eventually, your favorite foods become a craving which will take over and you'll either "quit" or binge. much better doing it the way that you are.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup! Dont buy them :] Try to just have a little until they are all gone!

When i am craving chocolate I melt some dark chocolate over some berries :]
  • AlionaWise
    Options
    1) Manage to eat it every other day
    2) Add something to make an alternative (more fruits, in instance)
    3) Replace them with 70% dark chocolate piece (not that bad, i must say) you'll get same treat but with much more benefits
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted!! I stopped buying them, for a while I ate no chocolate at all. Now when I fancy kit I have 2 or 3 squares of 80% dark chocolate and let them melt slowly in my mouth. Never used to like it but my tastes seem to have changed.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It may help you (I did me) to get some dark chocolate instead of the milk chocolate. If you are having withdrawals, even bakers chocolate tastes good. If you forbid all chocolate you will feel deprived and that isn't good.
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I am a huge chocolate addict, at my worst I had a whole "big size" bar in my office drawer and nibbled away all day! I don't think total denial is a good idea long term, what I am working on is having treat foods just once a week, IF I have been good otherwise. Every day is probably a bit much, I am also focussing on 3 major "prizes" for every 5 kilos I lose, new shoes, new outfit etc, so rewarding myself on things other than food! The other thing I do is have a few pictures of what I would like to look like in a bikini this summer, and tape those to the chocolate packet lol, good luck
  • aliciar3
    Options
    I have dark chocolate every other day, but I only break off one piece and then put the rest back in the fridge. I take small bites out of that square and let it melt in my mouth, I find by the time I've finished that square my craving is satisfied!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't keep it in the house.
    Or buy just a little bit at a time then you can't eat too much - I've discovered Lindt 70% dark chocolate in 35g bars. It isn't nearly as sweet as regular chocolate so I can usually manage to eat half and leave half.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day, I'm not trying to be healthy. Just healthier.

Fun size bars are wonder! It's amazing the effect of having things pre-packed that makes it much easier to manage. If you have a big bar, already open, its so easy to just take a bit more.

If you have little bars, and you have to open a fresh one each time, it really makes you think!