hi, 37 years old, and have 30 lbs to loose

Options
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and need some motivation. I am short, about 5'1, and have thirty pounds to lose. I do kickboxing, maybe once or twice a week, and will start walking. But, my problem is getting back into the routine of journaling, measuring, and eating right, and on top of that having time to exercise. So I went and bought myself a journal, and now joined this site. I hope i will find some motivation to get going!!

Replies

• msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi You sound just like me 5'2 30lbs to lose - I've been here since July actively and it been a struggle but I can say I am not the same person I was just a few months ago - if you need support you can friend me!!!
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    This is a great place to keep up with your food and exercise. It does help to see what you are eating each day so you can control it before it goes in. After the first 2 or 3 months I have stopped logging in daily because I have a better idea. However, for days that I eat completely different or eat out I still log in to make sure I'm not overdoing. I use the site mostly now for support and tracking my actual weight loss progress. However, I was much more motivated and on track when I was logging in everything---I need to get back into the daily habit. Good Luck! You will love the site. Great place to talk to others struggling with the same battle. 30lbs probably seems like a lot to lose, however, you are making a smart move to get started on losing before you have to lose 80 like I do!!! Also getting a handle on it before age 40 is a good idea too.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    This site i amazing...and much easier than a journal since you can track online and with your mobile app -- they sync.

You also have a place to journal and a place for notes every day under both food and exercise.

Since you only have 30 to lose, I would keep your settings at either 1lb a week or 1/2lb a week --- not 2 lbs.
    I usually choose sedentary -- and track my exercise because I like to see the calories burned.
    Do you have a good heart rate monitor? That will help you track calories burned more accurately.

Also, you might want to change your default settings to 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat --- the default settings for carbs/protein are completely backwards for many people.

My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom

Other things you cdan change are under My Home > Settings > Diary Settings
  • Bukopie474
    Options
    OMG, we are in the same boat. I joined MFP since last year after losing 40lbs from taebo, Insanity and P90x. I'm 5'1 and need to lose 30 lbs. I know it's hard but you have to do it before we turn 40. That's my new thing. I want to look good in my 40s. Add me if you need motivation. Before I forget, my family joined MFP too except for my hubby he just do his thing like no carbs and less sugar intact.
  • Jennilvmp
    Options
    Hi, to you too! I also am new to this site. I joined almost 2 weeks ago. I am 34 getting ready to turn 35. I am 5' and need to loose about 25-30 lbs. Being so short my Ideal weight has always been about 95lbs, but if I can get down to 100lbs I will be pleased. I have 2 dresser drawers full of jeans I would love to fit more then1 leg into! LOL
    The rest is major major toning!
    Nice to meet someone who is also short like me!
    Add me as a friend if you like. This site is great! You will love it.:smile:
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey there .... a little over 55 days ago I joined this site ... I'm 36 and like you, my goal was to lose 30lbs ... Because of my hard work, a great support team, and this site, I have almost lost 20lbs... It CAN be done if you stick to the program, and work your BUTT OFF :)

Good luck to you, and feel free to add me should you need further motivation!!

Together WE CAN DO THIS ;)

Jenn

10051852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    Me too! I joined this over the summer, but have been regularly logging on and watching what I eat for about a month. I'm 39 and have 30lbs to lose too. MFP is an awesome site with great tips, helpful info and great people.
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And Congratulations on taking another step towards your weight loss goal. I used to Kickbox, too, and need to get back into shape so I can get back into it, though when I go back to work from Maternity Leave, I hope to join my old dojo and do the cardio kickboxing to help out before I start sparring and fighting again.
  • fitandsexy2012
    fitandsexy2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to hear that I also have the same concern...Let us hope we could lose the pounds before 2012! :smile: :wink: :happy: