hCG

Options
what do you have to say about HCG? seems like everyone is doing it? Please share your thoughts or experience.

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ok, I am lost, what is HCG?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HCG is the most dangerous stupid thing that I can think of.

Why would you want to inject your body with something and then eat only 500 calories a day??
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    No No NO!
    Worst (and most retarded) diet ever.

Use the search function.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Um, NO, not everyone is doing it.

Most people on this site are losing weight the healthy way with proper nutrition and exercise.

HCG, and other dangerous fad diets, are horrible for your body. Stay away!!!
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    I have been following an HCG program since August 6th and as of Sunday, the end of phase two I had lost 33 pounds; you really need to invest a lot of time into food preparation and be flexible. The most difficult part for me was being on the go and being able to have my meals readily available. A friend of mine gave me program literature and with her help and guidance I have been able to do well to date. According to my program calculator I should be completely done early in November, but am thinking about going back for a second round to lose another 10-12 pounds. I can really only speak for myself here, but I think that the program is working really well for me; I think that once I am able to go back and eat regular foods I will have learned enough about what I am eating that I will be better able to make healthier choices. I hope that helps, and please feel free to message me if you have any questions about my on going experience.
    ~Daisy
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My parents have both lost at least 100 lbs doing HCG... but they've aged a good 20 years, have HORRIBLE saggy skin and will never be able to eat "normally" or they will gain everything back. Do your research.
  • BrandonGalatian
    Options
    My daughter did the HCG and a boot camp workout with Doctors watching her, the entire time....But as soon as she stopped she gained it all back..So I would say no way on HCG..Do it the HEALTHY way..SAFER!!! and LASTING RESULTS....GOOD LUCK:)
  • makaylaeakes
    Options
    If you would like you can add me. I have been researching HCG. Message me and I can send you everything that I have found. :)
  • jeepgumby
    Options
    I did hcg a few years back. I lost a total of 32 pounds. It was really great and fun to see the weight come off so quickly but (yes there is a but, lol) I lost a lot of hair and both of my thighs hurt. Every time I pulled up my pants it was really uncomfortable, almost like they were bruised or something (but they weren't). I also ended up gaining all of my weight back. I do have to add though that they recommend you do it for 21 days and then take a break...I didn't, I did a lot longer which I think lead me to be maul nutritioned. My sister also did this diet, she only needed to lose 15 pounds. She did and has kept it off. But she was really stricked with her eating. My mom and best friend also did hcg, they both lost a bunch of weight but they both gained all of their weight back too. Anyway, I wouldn't do the diet again but those are just my thoughts. :) Hope it helps.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    With or without the hormones, anyone eating only 500 calories a day will lose a drastic amount of fat and zero skin. Eating only 500 calories a day is bad for you without the hormones but the hormones don't magically make it healthy. I know slow weight loss is just so hard but you don't damage your health this way. If there are lawsuits for hcg someday, will winning a lawsuit help recover your health? If you're only talking about a few pounds then it probably wouldn't be the end of the world but if you will have excess skin, don't do it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    what do you have to say about HCG? seems like everyone is doing it? Please share your thoughts or experience.
    Yes, people who want instant results without considering what it can do to your metabolism. Of course all that matters is that they lose weight.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I tried it for a few days, But with keeping up with a baby and barely eating anything at all by the end of like the third day I was shaking and couldn't even prepare dinner for me and my husband. Not safe!
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    lost 63lbs on it. changed my lifestyle, workout daily, very little carbs and sugar. doing fine.
  • oncequeen
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I was just curious to see how many people had tried it and actually lost weight and kept it off. I will do further reading, not interested in losing weight only to gain it back after. Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    lost 63lbs on it. changed my lifestyle, workout daily, very little carbs and sugar. doing fine.
    Yep, I like my french fries and ice cream. Life is to short to not enjoy it.