Over 60 Women losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• slimviv2012
    slimviv2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 63 and have stuggled with weight all my life. What seems to work is keeping a food diary on here as I at least KNOW when I am overeating and that it's time to stop. Otherwise I just overeat and think "I'll diet tomorrow", then tomorrow never comes...lol. Back on the horse today, hope everyone doing well...yes it is definitely more difficult in your 60s as you have less energy. Working on that right now. Actually changing to wearing natural fibres instead of manmade like polyester etc helps energy levels. Bye for now!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am 61. I started MFP in 2010, I lost 135 lbs it took me 3 yrs and I kept it off until last yr my husband was dx with tonsil cancer that had gone into his soft palate and lymph nodes. Between all the appts my walking wasn’t consistent and I fell back into some of my old habits, comfort eating. I gained 14 lbs and decided NO I worked to hard to get the weight off. So I went back to eating how I did in the beginning of my Weightloss journey and started getting in min of 8000 steps a day and started strength training 5 days a week, using light weights at home. I have lost 13 of those lbs 1 more to go. Consistency is key, we got this…..
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    I'm 61 and I started MFP 40 days ago. I've lost 6 pounds and one and a half inches off my waist. CICO works. I consume 1650 calories a day, usually less (I'm 5 foot four and currently 194 pounds). Success is entirely possible, even over 60!

EDIT: oops, I see I've already posted on this thread. You can see I've made a little progress!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    themommie wrote: »
    I am 61. I started MFP in 2010, I lost 135 lbs it took me 3 yrs and I kept it off until last yr my husband was dx with tonsil cancer that had gone into his soft palate and lymph nodes. Between all the appts my walking wasn’t consistent and I fell back into some of my old habits, comfort eating. I gained 14 lbs and decided NO I worked to hard to get the weight off. So I went back to eating how I did in the beginning of my Weightloss journey and started getting in min of 8000 steps a day and started strength training 5 days a week, using light weights at home. I have lost 13 of those lbs 1 more to go. Consistency is key, we got this…..

Congratulations: IMO, paying attention, not letting gains creep up until out of hand, is a key success factor for maintenance.

I hate to clothes shop, so when my jeans get a little snug, it's a trigger to creep gain back down, for me.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    vlott1 wrote: »
    I've struggled with my weight all my life. Up and down, diet after diet, low fat works - no it doesn't now it's low carb, then always hit that plateau that I could never get under. I have an appointment for the weight loss surgeon but at my age I think I'm too old so once more trying to lose those easily gained but NEVER easily lost pounds. I'm literally at the end of my rope on this and so discouraged.

I struggled for 43 years. I had bariatric surgery on 20 March 2024.
    I highly recommend it. I am 60.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!