i know colon cleanses are bad but...

Options
Okay so I was at a plateau of 230, I was actually 229 but gained back a pound and it wouldnt budge for about a month now. I know alot of people define colon cleanses by gimmicks, and pretty much useful bull crap but it actually broke my plateau and I'm now 228.4. I'm not posting this to persuade anyone to do anything.

I actually put a topic up asking what some of you thought of colon cleanses but got pretty useless information. Someone told me it's only flushing the water out but I haven't peed anymore than regular. Now here's where it gets funny I started cleansing on Monday. The previous weeks Tuesday I ate chicken, corn, and sweet potatoes. The day I started the flush I noticed two corn kernels in my stool?? That's almost a week...

Here's my question has anyone ever really used them? I don't want to hear your research because upon doing my own research it was all over the good-or-bad scale. Can someone tell me something from personal use or even a witnessed situation?

All I can say is the plateau is over for now :)

Replies

• StacyBee92
    Options
    Sounds interesting. What exactly is it that you are doing? I've never done one but sounds like it could do me some good as my scales havent moved for a few weeks now :(
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that will do them occasionally. She has bad skin-breakouts on her face, chest and back. After doing them her acne always clears right up. She also shared that it helps her to become, "regular." I have never tried them...want to, but just haven't yet.

Also, ***TMI ALERT****do some light googling you'll be able to find some blogs of people documenting their cleanse experience. ....it's not just water flushing out...some people have so much stool that it like, wraps around the bowl. :sick:
  • Shastabugg1
    Options
    Sounds interesting. What exactly is it that you are doing? I've never done one but sounds like it could do me some good as my scales havent moved for a few weeks now :(

I just went to rite aid and purchased something called super Colon cleanse it comes in pill form. It cost me 16 bucks. They had a cheaper one for 12 but it was out of stock and at that point I was so desperate I didn't give a damn lol. I've only used it since Monday and it caused a 1.6 weight loss ...alot of people on here frown on it but idk why? People read one article and decide its the truth
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    some people have so much stool that it like, wraps around the bowl. :sick:
    Purdy!
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use them. I haven't heard anything negative about them. As a matter of fact, I am on day 12 of a 15 day flush now. I, personally, find them really useful and it isn't something I would like to take ongoing, but it is nice to scrub the ole pipes from time to time. I am also eating a fat flush soup, as well, that I found in a magazine. I am a stay at home wife so I don't get much exercise outside of the house that often. I get my exercising on my treadmill so my activity level is pretty low outside of my "actual" exercising. I have taken extra fiber in the past to help me along and I find that these cleanses get things moving without much effort. Trust me, I eat a lot of fruits and a lot of veggies every day and I still have issues from time to time. BUT.... what might work for me.... may not work for the next person...... hope this helps and good luck to you...
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    some people have so much stool that it like, wraps around the bowl. :sick:
    Purdy!
    I think I just peed my pants..... LOL!!!
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've never purposely done a colon cleanse, but I went to India for 2 weeks and basically had a colon cleanse every day that I was there. LOL. I lost 1kg while there and it stayed off for 3 months, so I don't think it was just water weight.

That being said, I doubt they are a good idea to do on a regular basis, (they can irritate your intestines as I'm sure you've read), but once in awhile is likely ok. I prefer to break my plateaus by adding more exercise or upping the intensity of the exercise I already do. I think it's safer and healthier and is helping my heart stay strong and my muscles active. That's just my choice.

I think every BODY is different though and different things can work for different people. The next time you have a health check why don't you ask your doctor about it? Perhaps they can advise you on what type and at what frequency you can safely add them to your routine. Since they've actually examined you too, they can probably give more specific advice than what you can get from a general forum.
  • Shastabugg1
    Options
    oh I thought I might add that I have a nit more energy too I walk home from work which is about a half hour walk and usually im tired halfway through and when I get hit I literally plop down on the sofa for about an hour. Yesterday which was only day 3 of my cleanse I got there in no time and actually changed from my uniform and made dinner :)
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This may be TMI But....

I"m afraid to poop that much!! HAHAHA! Im regular as it is, so if I did one of those cleanses, I may not be allowed to leave the house!! lololol
  • melholden10
    Options
    i think the water weight you lose is the water in your stool not the fact you will pee out more
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    i think the water weight you lose is the water in your stool not the fact you will pee out more
    I wouldn't really know either way, I drink nothing but water and maybe a hot tea or two a day ( more water ). When I am on a colon cleanse / flush, I am actually at ease with myself because I do not have a problem ~going~ on a regular basis. I have been to the emergency room ( at 193 lbs. ) twice because I felt like my stomach was in my ribs and both times, they said that I was constipated. About 2 years ago, same thing. I could not breathe. But, Like I said, what works for me, may not be ideal for the next. Colon Cleanses, they keep me ~moving~ and I will continue to use them every 6 months or so. Plus, I must take a gentle one because I can do regular activities and not have any problems at all. I just have what most would call a "normal" system when I take them. When I don't take them is where my issues begin. I could drink 16 oz. of prune juice and it won't effect me. That is just me though.